Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got my Trek top installed this past monday. Only to take it off 4 days later for the cargo nack. Install wasn't too bad. The j hooks of the rear window were a PITA in the begining, but now its a piece of cake. Has a trick to it Fits like a glove. With practice I should be able to remove it and put it back on in less than 15 min and with help less than 10min.
With this top on my JK has become a real head turner It has rained alot since I had it installed and I have a very mild leak in the rear seams. I already bought a sealant, so I don't expect it to be a problem for too long.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry for the small pics.

Larger version of pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4256_91442136775_534111775_2449796_7031047_n.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24771

Click image for larger version

Name:	4256_91442321775_534111775_2449797_5960417_n.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	24772
Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Still waiting for our warranty replacement top (for the faulty J-hooks on the rear window). We just have gotten used to the 4 inch gap in the middle all the time and have to just unzip the thing totally if we open up the top.

Anyway...had heavy mist/light drizzle last night. First time with "rain" since the install. Sure enough...had a leak in the middle seam above the sound bar .

Also have a seam coming out already around one of the edges by the passenger door... Not the best quality this time around. Hope the new one is better....
Old 05-29-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was searching the Bestop site checking to make sure I installed my Trektop correctly because water is still pooling on top even though I have the newer version of the top with the strap. It looks like Bestop has changed the way to secure the rear window to the tailgate again. First it was velcro to the outside of the tailgate. Next was velcro to the retainer bar. Now, according to the instructions on the website, it looks they have an attachment that slides into the retainer bar similar to the Deck cover or softtop. Coincidentally, I just had a piece like that sewn onto mine this morning. Works better than the velcro solutions and pulls the window tighter. Cost me $20.00.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

It would be nice if it were four separate pieces like the OH top. I love my top in that I can configure it in many ways...bikini, rolled forward, or take the side windows off. I see value in the fir of the Bestop but it would be nice to have both worlds. I do like the idea of the bar across the back rather than velcro too.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Talking Trektop Pricing

I ordered it from JC Whitney for 535.00 free shipping with a four day delivery. I had a 20% off (up to 100.00) coupon plus free ship. They verified it has the rear crossbar and no velcro, ships from Bestop. It better not leak though, I just installed headrest screens.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EATJEEP
I ordered it from JC Whitney for 535.00 free shipping with a four day delivery. I had a 20% off (up to 100.00) coupon plus free ship. They verified it has the rear crossbar and no velcro, ships from Bestop. It better not leak though, I just installed headrest screens.
According to BesTop, they've change those seams:

"The updated design top has a different seam sealant at the center and
rear seams, drip rails above the doors, and a tailgate bar for the rear
window."
Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by snowbdr88
According to BesTop, they've change those seams:

"The updated design top has a different seam sealant at the center and
rear seams, drip rails above the doors, and a tailgate bar for the rear
window."
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes... rain over the weekend.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

ive been having a brand new trektop still in the box sitting in my garage for about a month, never opened it. This reminds me, im about to go open it right now. I ordered one a few months ago and they sent me the old version. When i called bestop to complain about how the front of the top sags and puffs up at hgwy speeds, they told me they would send me a new one and told me to keep the old one. I was expecting them to send me just the top and not the header, rear window, rear pipe, etc. Well i never opened it, but im pretty sure its a whole new top with all the parts. Im going check right now.

corey d
Old 07-10-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I just finally opened the new version that they sent me. Everything is in there. It also has the tail gate bar. The original one they sent didnt have the tail gate bar. Now i have 2 trek tops. I think i might make the original version into a safari top or somthing. May also bring the original to an upholstery shop and get some tension straps sewn in the fron to stop the puffing. Or i may sell it. Mah, i wish i would have opened that up sooner......i feel pretty good.

corey d

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!