Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
i'm thinking of picking one of these up for the summer...but i live in vancouver (which rains...all the time)

There seems to be varying opinions here i'm just trying to figure out, does this top pool with water and leak? or is it for the most part fine? I just want to make sure before i go buy it. thanks,
I'll let you know after mine arrives. It rains a lot here too.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Spoke to 4WP this weekend and they had already ordered as a complete new top via warranty. Still not sure if we'll have to return this one.

If it ever rains here I'll give some feedback if we experience any leaks.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

It sounds like only the Unlimited's are having the leaking problem. My 2dr is fine, it doesn't have a seam on the top like the unlimiteds. I did have to put some camper shell weatherstripping on the front header, but that was cheap and easy.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I read correctly WOL said somthing about the rear side windows being able to fold or roll up and use the top as a safari. Does anyone have any pics of one ste up like this, or is this feature not actually available?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by overmanjh
If I read correctly WOL said somthing about the rear side windows being able to fold or roll up and use the top as a safari. Does anyone have any pics of one ste up like this, or is this feature not actually available?
pretty sure its a no can do....would be nice though.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

How easy does this thing go up and down? Can I treat it like a soft top?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered mine from Amazon, $635.34, no tax and free shipping with Amazon Prime. Only drawback is it likely won't arrive until June 16.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used Coleman Tent seam sealer and it seemed to work great... just made sure to only spread it on the inside as it leaves a white film and I have not had any issues with leaking anymore other than a little bit around the doors depending on how I have my jeep parked.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by overmanjh
I mean im sure you could figure out a way to do it but you would risk damaging the windows... I dont see the point though it works just as fine with the quarter panel windows in the back.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up!

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!