Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering this too, I will replace the hardtop with this in the summer, but don't want the old one.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Definitely diggin this top. I really like the sweptback design.

This may be a sooner than later purchase with the new bar...I was really hesitant about this top until reading this thread, I was not a fan of putting velcro on the body of the Jeep.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure the answer is obvious, and I'm sure it's been talked about here:

But does the trek top have zippers or velcro only for the windows???

I spent 30 minutes in the rain last night trying to get my rear window to zip up... I couldn't get the damn zipper teeth to align at all (and it's still not aligned right)...

Velcro (with some button snaps in some places to let you align the window correctly first) would be nice...
Old 03-28-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default Trektop Wind stability...

Hi,

I am a European Trektop owner from Austria and use it for 3 weeks now. I like the cool design in comparision to the factory top. But, I have big problems with it

I have also the wind noise on drivers side. I tried to mount it a little bit more to the right, but no noise reduction. We had strong rain and snow here the last days, all the time water gets into my jeep behind the sound bar. The water also stays on top and runs down along the front doors, except if they are open, then all runs inside on the seats.

The biggest problem is the missing wind stability. On the highway, the Velcros along the door mounts are too weak. If I drive with 100 kmph after 10 kilometers all Velcros are open. The driving wind vacuums the top 15 cm up. I have to drive longer ranges with 140 to 150 kmphs, for me the Trektop is useless without wind stability.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Thanks and kind regards

Alex
Old 03-28-2009, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconXL
Got the Trektop installed last night, it sure is noisier than my oriiginal soft top. Why cant Bestop use the nice header mount like my standard soft top. Lots of wind noise at the header but quiet every where else. I like the look of it. Just dissapointed with the noise. Anyone else hate the wind noise? I was going to try and add some small weatherstripping on the header and see if that helps.

I put my trek top on today and i think i have this same problem, what is the correct way to install the header so this doesnt happen?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Headliner / Tensioning Straps

I didn't have any problems installing the headliner. No gaps at all. I was getting some wind noise up there though so I bought a windshield air deflector by Wade. It pushes the wind up and over the front of the soft top. Big difference after I did that.

The only problem I have are the tensioning straps they sent me. You're supposed to take tensioning straps and hook one end to the lip near the tailgate, and take the other up and over the bow right at the top of the rear window. My tensioning straps were sewn backwards so there's no way to actually apply tension where you need it. I'm thinking of getting some motorcycle ratchet straps and just use them. They'd probably work better anyway.

Did anyone else have that problem with the tensioning straps?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoDave
I didn't have any problems installing the headliner. No gaps at all. I was getting some wind noise up there though so I bought a windshield air deflector by Wade. It pushes the wind up and over the front of the soft top. Big difference after I did that.

The only problem I have are the tensioning straps they sent me. You're supposed to take tensioning straps and hook one end to the lip near the tailgate, and take the other up and over the bow right at the top of the rear window. My tensioning straps were sewn backwards so there's no way to actually apply tension where you need it. I'm thinking of getting some motorcycle ratchet straps and just use them. They'd probably work better anyway.

Did anyone else have that problem with the tensioning straps?
call up bestop customer support. the straps you have are for a 2-door and they will send you out a new set for free.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

does anyone have close up pics of the header from the inside or a side view with the door open?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Nice looking top. Fits nice.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I just put on my Trektop tonight and i'm having the same header issues as the pics b4. my brackets for the header has the 2 angled pieces of metal. So i'm sure i have something wrong, any one have pics or can explain how they work? the directions show completely different brackets and metal pieces.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!