Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice tops, I donīt really understand getting one of those if you already have a soft topto each his own
Old 03-06-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robin
nice tops, I don´t really understand getting one of those if you already have a soft topto each his own
I only have the hard top and got tired of getting rained on when I was away from home with no top. I also think it looks better than the factory softtop and I got this top less than the cost of a used factory softtop.

Last edited by wvmtnbiker; 03-06-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wvmtnbiker
Put my Trektop on last night and the only wind noise I have is on the driver side front. Were you able to get pictures of the insulation?
Found out from %&$$#@*%%$ where I bought my trektop and took it back and they showed I did not have the header installed properly. You have to roll those little funky angled washers to push the top forward while tightening the knobs. It is sealing much better and I removed my insulation. I bought the trektop for 2 reasons even though I already had a soft top. I like the look of it and I can take it completely off and stow in the back in 5 minutes.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Mine sealed up just fine and I'm very happy with it, but it was a b!tc# getting those screw knobs into the header...I'm really hoping after it stretches a bit they will go in easier the second time around.

Sorry its a bit dark in this pic...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0071.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	20463  
Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

When i have to replace the factory soft top this is definitely what i'm going to get.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tomorrow

I get mine in the mail tomorrow. I bought it even though I already have a soft top. I like the look and the fact that you can take the entire thing off and stow it in the rear. No bulky frame to deal with. It also reduces the height by a few inches since the frame is gone. I'm looking forward to getting it on.

Any installation advice from those who have installed already?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

It honestly was one of the easiest installs i've ever had. Typically every install i've ever done on any vehicle takes 5 times as long as it should for this reason or that, but installing the trektop was a breeze. No major tips i can give, just follow the directions, only minor thing that would make it easier is use a socket wrench to make screwing in the bolts quicker. Other than that, it's a breeze.

Last edited by DuDz40VT; 03-10-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattC
Im interested in the Trek top but I have a question.

In the newest Quadratec catalog the add says it "installs easily reusing Your factory door surrounds".

I went to Bestops website and the install directions show that it comes with new door surrounds made out of steel rod.

Which is it??
You do not need factory door surrounds. It comes with steel rods to use as the door surrounds. It also comes with the header attachment. The only thing it does NOT come with is the rear tailgate bar which I already had for the duster deck cover. You only need the tailgate bar if you do not want to attach velcro to the tailgate. I only had the hardtop when I received the trektop and it comes as a complete top. I can also use the steel rod door surrounds with the mesh bikini top I already have.

Last edited by wvmtnbiker; 03-10-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Angry

Bestop shows the new install instructions on their website. Just got a Trektop for my birthday from 4wd.com and it is still an old one. boooooo.

Last edited by krech; 03-15-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Trektop New vs Old

How can you identify the new version of the Trektop compared to the old version?

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!