Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will post up a pic of the insulation tomorrow when I take the top off. we are in high 70 's here in big D
Old 02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ohhhh man, i was planning on waiting a few more weeks before I ordered mine but with it being 70 degrees today I just happened to be searching around online and found it on sale for the best price i've seen yet sooooooo i had to get it. Wooo! i'll post some pics when i finally get it on!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconXL
This looks stupid. I can't believe they would think that is acceptable. Possibly should have named it Trek Trail cover. only for use off road at slow speeds. no expectations of weather tightness.

does look nice. and they have been improving it with the work they did with the rear redesign. maybe they'll work it out eventually.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

I called bestop about this, because mine was doing the same thing..

As it turns out, I had the railed installed improperly
Old 02-26-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DuDz40VT
Ohhhh man, i was planning on waiting a few more weeks before I ordered mine but with it being 70 degrees today I just happened to be searching around online and found it on sale for the best price i've seen yet sooooooo i had to get it. Wooo! i'll post some pics when i finally get it on!
What kind of deal are we talking here? PM me if you need to
Old 02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one good looking JK! I like the way the top looks with the angled back.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I called bestop about this, because mine was doing the same thing..

As it turns out, I had the railed installed improperly
well I emailed that exact pic to them and was told that was how the one at their shop looked. So what part did you not install properly? You have my curiosity up...
Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

wayoflife or anyone else that knows, ups is delivering my trektop today, the weather is supposed to be incredible this weekend and i'm anxious to ditch the hard top but i didn't realize the tailgate bar doesn't come with it and still needs to be ordered seperately...

From what I have seen if you get the tailgate bar you're supposed to put the strip of velcro on the bar instead of the tailgate itself correct? I won't be able to have the bar here in time for this weekend but i really want to install the top soooooo can i just run the top without securing the back window for a few days or should I just install the velcro on the tailgate and peel it back off when the bar comes?

Also, is there a preferred vendor we use to buy the tailgate bar from???

Thanks!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by DuDz40VT
wayoflife or anyone else that knows, ups is delivering my trektop today, the weather is supposed to be incredible this weekend and i'm anxious to ditch the hard top but i didn't realize the tailgate bar doesn't come with it and still needs to be ordered seperately...

From what I have seen if you get the tailgate bar you're supposed to put the strip of velcro on the bar instead of the tailgate itself correct? I won't be able to have the bar here in time for this weekend but i really want to install the top soooooo can i just run the top without securing the back window for a few days or should I just install the velcro on the tailgate and peel it back off when the bar comes?

Also, is there a preferred vendor we use to buy the tailgate bar from???

Thanks!!!
the new bar comes with velcro...

4wd has them in the ordering system.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconXL
i will post up a pic of the insulation tomorrow when I take the top off. we are in high 70 's here in big D
Put my Trektop on last night and the only wind noise I have is on the driver side front. Were you able to get pictures of the insulation?

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!