Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock
Hey Eddie

Would you mind getting a picture of where/how you velcro'd the rear window to the channel bar? Right now mine is not velcro'd at all for fear of doing it incorrectly. So I just let it hang down and shut the gate on it. That being said, it works fine like this and is one less thing to have to do/undo, so I might actually just leave it un-velcro'd.

Also- the rear straps that come down at an angle and hook to the rear/inside. For the life of me I could not figure out any way to make those work. They were too long to do anything as far as I could tell. So I used some tie-down straps instead. So if you could possibly get a picture of those I would appreciate it.
it goes on the bottom of the upper bar as can be seen in this pic....

Originally Posted by wvmtnbiker
this is what it looks like with the tailgate open....

What is the black thing mounted on the inside of your tailgate?
that is the off road evolution EVO trail table

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
It's an ORE tailgate table, it's VERY sturdy.
I love mine
yup, what he said

Originally Posted by mikesjk
this is the additional adjustable support strap that goes over the top....

What is this part number? I can't find it on the website.
unfortunately, i do not know the part number, just that it is a best top trektop
Old 02-04-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/2 doors

Can this be used with 1/2 doors?

I like
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
the new top has an extra support bar and multiple extra straps designed to keep the top tight and shaped on top to prevent water from pooling in a downpour. the extra straps also allow you to tuck up the side windows and use the top as a safari top.
Okay this is something that got my attention yet I have not seen pictures or anything to prove it. I am still looking at my options because I want one top where I can have the doors on and be sealed up to travel (say to the mountians or down to Florida) and then when I get there remove the doors and have a safari top within minutes so I can go on and enjoy things. I currently run the hard top while it is cold (like now and continue to plan for it in winter) and the safari top w/o doors when it warms up. I plan on riding w/o doors and a Safari for summer except when I travel which the way things are going should be a lot more than in the past. I want an easy one man remove top and I can do the full doors (untill I get soft doors) keeping the safari for rain showers and shade. I am hoping this is the top for me but I am thinking I need to get the door surrounds, duster, and deck cover with tailgate bar. In whatever I go with it needs to be able to handle interstate speeds whether buttoned up or wide open. We all know the options are the safari, duster, and deck combo; the other company's fastback softtop, or this fastback softtop by Bestop. So far for versitility of keeping a safari w/o doors and the full top I am not liking the bestop trektop and yet the simmilar option is doing buisness with what appears a shady company so I am left with the safari combo with pieces parts which I hear is not easy to remove the extra pieces and go with just the safari.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Okay this is something that got my attention yet I have not seen pictures or anything to prove it. I am still looking at my options because I want one top where I can have the doors on and be sealed up to travel (say to the mountians or down to Florida) and then when I get there remove the doors and have a safari top within minutes so I can go on and enjoy things. I currently run the hard top while it is cold (like now and continue to plan for it in winter) and the safari top w/o doors when it warms up. I plan on riding w/o doors and a Safari for summer except when I travel which the way things are going should be a lot more than in the past. I want an easy one man remove top and I can do the full doors (untill I get soft doors) keeping the safari for rain showers and shade. I am hoping this is the top for me but I am thinking I need to get the door surrounds, duster, and deck cover with tailgate bar. In whatever I go with it needs to be able to handle interstate speeds whether buttoned up or wide open. We all know the options are the safari, duster, and deck combo; the other company's fastback softtop, or this fastback softtop by Bestop. So far for versitility of keeping a safari w/o doors and the full top I am not liking the bestop trektop and yet the simmilar option is doing buisness with what appears a shady company so I am left with the safari combo with pieces parts which I hear is not easy to remove the extra pieces and go with just the safari.

the support bar is in the back, it slides into a sleeve on the top... it above the rear window.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I am not concerned about the support bar or anything. What I need to know is does this have the ability to roll up the rear side windows and run like a Safari like was suggested by WOL (unless I misread). If it does that's great and I might be sold. If not then the leaky safari, duster, deck combo with surrounds and tailgate bar might be the option I choose (I know the mods of adding fabric and such to make it more watertight I could care less about a little wind and noise). The other company offers the options I want but I also prefer to do buisness with folks with a clean reputation. I am in sort of a quandry and am hoping I read right that the Trektop can be configured like a Safari.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
I am not concerned about the support bar or anything. What I need to know is does this have the ability to roll up the rear side windows and run like a Safari like was suggested by WOL (unless I misread). If it does that's great and I might be sold. If not then the leaky safari, duster, deck combo with surrounds and tailgate bar might be the option I choose (I know the mods of adding fabric and such to make it more watertight I could care less about a little wind and noise). The other company offers the options I want but I also prefer to do buisness with folks with a clean reputation. I am in sort of a quandry and am hoping I read right that the Trektop can be configured like a Safari.

from post #23
you can roll it back and run it like a sunrider and you can run it without the rear window but the side rear windows are fixed in place.
I havent had a chance to play with one of these, but converting to a bikini type top is important to me as well.
I do that with my factory soft top, (tuck the sails up underneath on top of the straps, and added a couple nylon straps to add some tension to the thing) and even though it isnt really billed as being able to, it isnt that hard to do. It would be interesting to see if there waas a way to do it with this, that just might sell me on it as well when it comes time for replacement of mine.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
from post #23

I havent had a chance to play with one of these, but converting to a bikini type top is important to me as well.
I do that with my factory soft top, (tuck the sails up underneath on top of the straps, and added a couple nylon straps to add some tension to the thing) and even though it isnt really billed as being able to, it isnt that hard to do. It would be interesting to see if there waas a way to do it with this, that just might sell me on it as well when it comes time for replacement of mine.
Did you see Piginajeep's thread on this for us two-door guys?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/2-door-bestop-trek-top-update-pics-69437/

I'm going to seriously consider one of these when I yank the hard-top for the summer. I was hoping to keep the top off but stored in the Jeep so I can throw it on if I get into some rain. I like your idea about trying to make it run as a bikini top, and then be able to drop the side windows and hook it up. That would keep me (and the interior) from getting sun-backed daily.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes i did, i hope to pick his brain on it later to see if he thinks it can be done. I like the looks of it so far, but i agree with others, top looks a little funny, but could easily be the angle of the photos, need to see it in person i guess.

So far, for me, the factory soft top is still the best option. I tuck the sails and its a safari top, my little girl is fair skinned and i want to keep the sun off of her so she doesnt cook back there. If i can accomplish that with this, i would be interested, if i cant, then i'll stick to factory.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

I'm not necessarily a fan of how it looks on a 2 door, but love how mean it makes a 4 door looks...well on Eddie's jeep at least. I haven't really gotten a chance to see it on some others.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

from post #68:

...the biggest improvements they've already made have been...additional support straps. ...and the rear straps will also allow you to fold up the rear side windows and run your top as a safari top.

is this confirmed? if it can do this, will somebody please post pics...

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!