Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

twomilehigh:

you have to unbolt the door surrounds and remove them to put the hard top back on. that involves removing 6 nuts and bolts that hold the door surrounds to the roll bars. you need a wrench and phillips screwdriver and you are removing 4 bolts, washers, and lock nuts, plus 2 big bolts and 2 washers, to remove the door surrounds.

dont want to lose the nuts and bolts.

probably 15 minutes work.

So you can't keep the trek top on the truck with the hard top over it. but you can remove the trektop and store it and the surrounds easily in the truck if you travel and want to take both tops. the door surrounds are small and dont take up much room. Go to bestop website and dowload the install manual and look at the instructions and you will see what I mean.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

What happened to WOL posting some pics of the New improved Tektop?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

What happened to anyone else posting pictures of their tops at all? I'd like to see them on other Jeeps that are not as built as WOL's.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just received mine last week but we have been under about three inches of snow. It will be awhile before I have pictures because it is now snowing again as I type.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

it's on my to get list probably in a month or so once the weather is consistantly nice round here so i'll have pics up eventually
Old 02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dwcrisp
twomilehigh:

you have to unbolt the door surrounds and remove them to put the hard top back on. that involves removing 6 nuts and bolts that hold the door surrounds to the roll bars. you need a wrench and phillips screwdriver and you are removing 4 bolts, washers, and lock nuts, plus 2 big bolts and 2 washers, to remove the door surrounds.

dont want to lose the nuts and bolts.

probably 15 minutes work.

So you can't keep the trek top on the truck with the hard top over it. but you can remove the trektop and store it and the surrounds easily in the truck if you travel and want to take both tops. the door surrounds are small and dont take up much room. Go to bestop website and dowload the install manual and look at the instructions and you will see what I mean.
I dont know if its different with a 4-door, but my door surrounds have 2 bolts with a knob on top holding them on, and came be removed or installed in about a minute each.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i apologize for not posting pics sooner but, for those of you who wanted to see some of the new features on this top including the new rear channel bar, here ya go.....

this is what it looks like installed....

this is what it looks like with the tailgate open....

here you can see how the channel bar snaps into place just like the factory soft top clips....

this is the additional adjustable support strap that goes over the top....

i'll try to take more pics of it with the top in the sunrider position as soon as i can.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

this is what it looks like with the tailgate open....

What is the black thing mounted on the inside of your tailgate?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's an ORE tailgate table, it's VERY sturdy.
I love mine
Old 02-04-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

this is the additional adjustable support strap that goes over the top....

What is this part number? I can't find it on the website.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!