Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered! someone jacked my driver side T-top a few months back and have been waiting to scrape the funds to get this one. Kinda glad it took me a few months now! Hopefully I get the new design as I don't like the idea of Velcro on the exterior.

Reb
Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
According to Bestop- there is nothing to exchange. Instead of velcro-ing the rear panel to the tailgate, you simply velcro it to the rear bar. So there is nothing to "exchange".
From the pictures WOL took, it appears that the rear panel slips into some sort of channel on the new tailgate bar. It doesn't appear to use velcro on the tailgate bar. Maybe WOL can chime in.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nclehmann
From the pictures WOL took, it appears that the rear panel slips into some sort of channel on the new tailgate bar. It doesn't appear to use velcro on the tailgate bar. Maybe WOL can chime in.

not that it matters but if you already have a soft top cant you use the same channel? they look real close but maybe theres a difference in channel size?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Oman! I saw this top in real life on the way to Bear Mtn. Pictures do not do it justice, this top is AWESOME looking.

I'm predicting it will be the most popular JK accessory of 2009.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bestop Trektop Installation Guide

Hey W.O.L
Have you fitted the new all singing all dancing Trektop yet, also are you the guinea pig for all Bestop products?
Why have Bestop not updated their site to include the improvements that they are supposed to have made to the top in the installation guide?
I would like to purchase one, however something is not sitting right with this.
In a country as big as yours there must be another JK fan who has the latest Trektop. Maybe Elvis, the grassy knoll gunmen or even Osama himself!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hi N2rock

Is yours the new version, if so which supplier did you buy from? Also do you have any pictures you could post? Ta
Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quick question, i have a hard top only so I don't have a tailgate bar/mounts...

Does the new model Trektop come WITH the them or do I still have to buy it seperately?

The reason I ask is I'm about to buy the Bestop Duster to cover my trunk when I have no top up at all but in order to use that I have to have the bar/mounts. If it comes with the Trektop that will save me from buying something I'll already have.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

To be honest, i would prefer the velcro to the bar. The velcro will hold it in place, and it is just one less thing to worry about storing.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by army433
Hey W.O.L
Have you fitted the new all singing all dancing Trektop yet, also are you the guinea pig for all Bestop products?
Why have Bestop not updated their site to include the improvements that they are supposed to have made to the top in the installation guide?
I would like to purchase one, however something is not sitting right with this.
In a country as big as yours there must be another JK fan who has the latest Trektop. Maybe Elvis, the grassy knoll gunmen or even Osama himself!!!
no, i have not had a chance to install my new top yet thanks to the holidays and bad weather and no, i am not bestop's guinea pig. as far as their website goes, i can only assume they are working on it now. also, if you've been following this thread carefully, N2Rock now has the top as well.

Originally Posted by DuDz40VT
Quick question, i have a hard top only so I don't have a tailgate bar/mounts...

Does the new model Trektop come WITH the them or do I still have to buy it seperately?

The reason I ask is I'm about to buy the Bestop Duster to cover my trunk when I have no top up at all but in order to use that I have to have the bar/mounts. If it comes with the Trektop that will save me from buying something I'll already have.
the new trektop comes with the mounts.

Originally Posted by woolf
To be honest, i would prefer the velcro to the bar. The velcro will hold it in place, and it is just one less thing to worry about storing.
to the best of my knowledge, the new trektop comes with both the rear channel bar and velcro strip so that you can use either. but, being that you would have to store the windshield header anyway, storing the rear channel bar really isn't that much more to concern you with. or, at least it isn't for me
Old 01-01-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOL,

Is the top made out of the same material as the regular soft top (I assume so)?

How long does it take, once you are good at it, to take the top on and off?

When you get the top on take some pics with the side windows (rolled up or whatever they do).

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!