Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Installed!!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
amazingly, it had been raining here in socal and so i didn't get a chance to install the newly redesigned trektop but i did take a few pics of the channel bar and will post them shortly. as far as storing the top goes, i bought a big duffle bag and plan on just thowing the bundle in there, zipping it up and calling it a day
Shouldn't you just have to unzip the old rear window and put the new one on with the channel? I mean, it's nice to have the new top, but that seems like a lot of new fabric to just change out one piece.
I guess you can always order another bar and back window from them, and then someone else can have a Trektop.

I'll volunteer.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Shouldn't you just have to unzip the old rear window and put the new one on with the channel? I mean, it's nice to have the new top, but that seems like a lot of new fabric to just change out one piece.
I guess you can always order another bar and back window from them, and then someone else can have a Trektop.
the new top has an extra support bar and multiple extra straps designed to keep the top tight and shaped on top to prevent water from pooling in a downpour. the extra straps also allow you to tuck up the side windows and use the top as a safari top.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume the new support bar goes somewhere in the middle??? Oh boy, This top sounds sweeter and sweeter by the minute.

I wonder if you can get a No-Top option from jeep! Then you can add your wild boar hard top and Best top Trek Tops!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
the new top has an extra support bar and multiple extra straps designed to keep the top tight and shaped on top to prevent water from pooling in a downpour. the extra straps also allow you to tuck up the side windows and use the top as a safari top.
WOW, you can now tuck up the side windows?? that pretty much settles it, I have to get one!!!

Has this new model been released yet or is this just a prototype? Where's the best place to purchase it?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I assume the new support bar goes somewhere in the middle??? Oh boy, This top sounds sweeter and sweeter by the minute.

I wonder if you can get a No-Top option from jeep! Then you can add your wild boar hard top and Best top Trek Tops!!!
I like the way you think!

I would of went that route myself....
Old 12-19-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

This is great! I like how quickly they've taken our comments/suggestions and rolled out a new release of the top. We'll see when spring rolls around how the top has evolved and how much $$ is in the bank account. Thanks for posting WOL, I look forward to seeing the new top installed.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

if this turns out to be as good as it sounds i'll have to have one for the summer!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

WOW those pictures make the setup a lot sweeter...that might be something i have to ask santa for afterall...and dude, rain in SoCal? i wish we were getting rain..so much snow in NE..ridiculous
Old 12-24-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

do we know if the new and improved top is available yet? I am very interested in purchasing one. any info would be great
Old 12-25-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeez... Hopefully it's not too expensive to upgrade... It stinks if you're an early adopter and have to pay . They should set up some sort of exchange program there, IMO.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 02-18-2009 at 04:52 AM. Reason: removed quoted text

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Installed!!