Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop 2011 2 Door DO NOT BUY

Old 08-12-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Trektop 2011 2 Door DO NOT BUY

I had recently purchased the Bestop Trektop for my 2011 2 door. When I was done with the install I noticed the the back headrests were pushing up against the back window quite significantly (see pics). After 5 back and forth painful e-mails with customer service they told me that Chrysler had changed the head rests on the 2011 2 door and that they are narrower and taller. So what do I do? They suggested to take my rear headrests out to alleviate the problem. Well this is a problem for three reasons A. What if I have passengers in the back this causes a safety issue. B. Why should I change my stock configuration to fit around there product when it specifically stated for a 2011 (I like the way the headrests look with the top off). C. How the hell do I even get them out (tried numerous times). I asked for a refund in the amount of 2 - 2010 headrests and a new back window since it is now damaged from the headrests. They refuse to give me a refund for the headrests but will send me a new back window. So buyer be ware to all you 2011 2 door owners. Bestop really let me down on this product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	194841Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	1026
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	194840
Old 08-12-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Have you tried sitting in the back to see how much head room there is? Also to take out the head rests on mine you need to hold the buttons on each side of the posts of the head rests in.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Bestop and Chrysler go hand in hand. Great ideas with terrible execution. Total lack of quality control.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't notice as I had taken my rear headrests off almost right after I purchased the Jeep. I got tired of looking at them in my rear view mirror.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 2dr 07 and purchased the trecktop in january, same problem, even had to remove headrest (no one rides in the back though), one of them left a small mark in the plastic windowClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8330.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	195117

thought it was something wrong in my jeep but seems its just a bad design
Old 01-25-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Original vs. NX version?

Originally Posted by Adguy488
I had recently purchased the Bestop Trektop for my 2011 2 door. When I was done with the install I noticed the the back headrests were pushing up against the back window quite significantly (see pics). After 5 back and forth painful e-mails with customer service they told me that Chrysler had changed the head rests on the 2011 2 door and that they are narrower and taller. So what do I do? They suggested to take my rear headrests out to alleviate the problem. Well this is a problem for three reasons A. What if I have passengers in the back this causes a safety issue. B. Why should I change my stock configuration to fit around there product when it specifically stated for a 2011 (I like the way the headrests look with the top off). C. How the hell do I even get them out (tried numerous times). I asked for a refund in the amount of 2 - 2010 headrests and a new back window since it is now damaged from the headrests. They refuse to give me a refund for the headrests but will send me a new back window. So buyer be ware to all you 2011 2 door owners. Bestop really let me down on this product.

Attachment 194841Attachment 194840
Is that Trektop the newer "NX" version or the original design??? I've been debating on going with that model, this may be the determining factor.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The ///Man
The headrests are obnoxious anyways. I took mine off the 2nd day. I imagine if they didn't pose a safety risk the last 20 years, you are probably OK without them. If you don't like the top, I will give you $300 and shipping for it. Don't be a whiney JK owner, there are enough of them already.
No need to be a jerk about it. He paid money for a product that has flaws, he can whine all he wants about it. Yes he can make it work, but if you've ever had to deal with a company that tells you fix the problem yourself or return the product its frustrating. It's a shame you felt the need to voice your opinion when the OP has a valid reason to be upset. The only thing worse than a whiney JK owner is an obnoxious one.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racin444
Have you tried sitting in the back to see how much head room there is? Also to take out the head rests on mine you need to hold the buttons on each side of the posts of the head rests in.
same on the 2011.. i have removed mine for greater visibility
Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess I find it odd that you didn't notice right away that the headsets were going to rub the window. If you had noticed then you most likely could have returned the top prior to damaging the rear window.

It is good that you posted your warning. You have done others a great service so they can avoid buying it if they do not wish to remove their headrests or rear seat. I had removed my headrests a few days after purchasing my JK only because they were blocking a significant view out of the rear window. Now I run without a rear seat unless I know I will need it.

I love my Trektop NX.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your bad experice. Like many others have said, one of the very first things I did (abotu 2-3 days) was remove the headrests and toss them in the basement. Block visability and always get in the way when you try to fold up the seat.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop 2011 2 Door DO NOT BUY