Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop supertop nx

Old 07-29-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Supertop nx installed!

Well, spent a few hours in the NJ humidity but got it on. Install was pretty much uneventful though takes time. I followed instructions most of the time, and had the advantage of the old 2007 stock top to cheat from when wasn't sure where to run a strap or something.

Well, looks great and definitely runs quieter on the Hway on a test run with all windows on etc.

Quite a few changes, though none huge. One difference is the bar across the front seats to push out the top. I assume can be used without it as well (ie, when flip back the 'moon roof.'

One part was mis-drilled (didn't take too long to figure out) but otherwise everything was there.

For me, this moves from the painful above the door wraparound clip - to a simple top over channel. Nice. Also rear window mechanism/bar is a bit different (simpler). Tight as a drum but some nice hot NJ sun helped get it closed up.

P.S. I was incorrect above - kit DOES NOT come with the rubber windshield header. Pretty much everything else does though.

Couple pics before I zipped in the windows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00219-20110729-1337.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	187590Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00220-20110729-1338.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	187591
Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

I installed mine yesterday. Was the mis-drilled part one of the pieces that fit into the rear bow? I had to drill my own hole for one of those, because the pre-drilled hole didn't line up correctly.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine should be delivered tomorrow, might be the first one in the UK, will have done over 4669 miles in the box before it even sees my JK.

Should get chance to fit it on Saturday.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes! So is not just me. I just assembled all together and then predrilled a new hole. For me was pass side. Note this, Bestop, if you are looking.

Also, my only mistake was not carefully "centering" the fabric before screwing it into the tabs middle and rear. I am a half inch or so "hanging to the right" and will need to adjust when i get my roundtoit.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Suptop NX now on,

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2004899946.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	196000Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1465116233.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	196001

Top changes the look completely, no leaks.

Just used the sun rider feature with no problems, easy up and down.

Top billows a bit on the motorway (highway) when doing 70mph (about110kmph) but only to be expected, no noticeable increase in noise over the hardtop, just a little louder background, but no hardtop whistle or creaking.

Overall pleased so far.

Quick Reply: Bestop supertop nx