Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Safari Bikini ... Installed??????

Old 07-02-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Safari Bikini ... Installed??????

WOW I think I am having trouble installing my Bestop Safari Bikini... is it supposed to lap over the top of the door??? or is it supposed to be snug on the roll bar and leave a gap?

I cant find pictures of it installed, and the installation drawings are pretty useless. If I have it installed properly, then I'm really sorry I made the purchase.

I appreciate the help. I searched and could not find what I'm looking for... pics installed and detailed install pix.

THANKS!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HDGreyrider
WOW I think I am having trouble installing my Bestop Safari Bikini... is it supposed to lap over the top of the door??? or is it supposed to be snug on the roll bar and leave a gap?

I cant find pictures of it installed, and the installation drawings are pretty useless. If I have it installed properly, then I'm really sorry I made the purchase.

I appreciate the help. I searched and could not find what I'm looking for... pics installed and detailed install pix.

THANKS!!!!!!
Does this help?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

So it does not seal the top of the door. I'd take pix of mine but my wife's out of town and she took the camera.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

It can do either one. If you have the door surrounds(hardware that would have come with your jeep if you have a softtop from the factory) then the top will wrap around into those plastic surrounds and leave no gap. If not, the top come with velcro so that you could just fasten it around the roll bar. That being said, using the door surrounds will give you a much better seal as there will be no gap and it will also be quieter due to those surrounds pulling the top tighter. I used to run without the surrounds and just use the roll bar but I ended up buying the surrounds and like that setup much better.

A little bit of advice though- If you are using the surrounds, and its a new top, make sure you initially install it in a warm, sunny place. Those tops shrink and expand quite a bit and doing it with the warmth and the sun helps A LOT.

Quick Reply: Bestop Safari Bikini ... Installed??????