Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Best place to mount GoPro

Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the suction cups and mount two on the upper right of the wind shield. One faces out towards the center of the hood, and the other back towards the occupants of the Jeep. I use Final Cut Pro's split screen capability so you see both where the rig is headed and how the occupants react to it. Think roller coaster rides. Very entertaining.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeeper'08
x2, bumper mount would make for a cool vid.
The bumper mount wasn't as great as I thought. There isn't a good reference point to let the viewer know what is happening. You need to see some of the jeep to get an idea how its climbing and such. Terrain just seems to bounce around and it gets more annoying than exciting.

Wide side mounts are good, I stack a bunch of hinge mounts off my suction to get it out farther. High stuff with your hood works. Shooting behind if someone is following is great if you catch your roll bar in the shot. Really the best is someone following along side with it hand held or some angle that shoots the Jeep from second person views.

My under mount stuff is fun but only for short clips. Then it gets old quick. I put a like to my YouTube earlier in this thread, a lot of the guys like my tie rod shot through deep water at the very end of part four of the Hotter Than Hell series. The end of part one has a fun shot where my spotter is dashing out of the way as I lift a tire and throttle my way up a waterfall using the same mount but the other hand held angles really make the movie.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have to be an electronics genius to make up a full video... as in change up the scenes periodically and add in music? I am absolutely sold on the quality of the videos/pictures the GoPro can produce, just wondering how hard it is to actually use the dang thing.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keithvegas
The bumper mount wasn't as great as I thought. There isn't a good reference point to let the viewer know what is happening. You need to see some of the jeep to get an idea how its climbing and such. Terrain just seems to bounce around and it gets more annoying than exciting.

Wide side mounts are good, I stack a bunch of hinge mounts off my suction to get it out farther. High stuff with your hood works. Shooting behind if someone is following is great if you catch your roll bar in the shot. Really the best is someone following along side with it hand held or some angle that shoots the Jeep from second person views.

My under mount stuff is fun but only for short clips. Then it gets old quick. I put a like to my YouTube earlier in this thread, a lot of the guys like my tie rod shot through deep water at the very end of part four of the Hotter Than Hell series. The end of part one has a fun shot where my spotter is dashing out of the way as I lift a tire and throttle my way up a waterfall using the same mount but the other hand held angles really make the movie.
Very good point!

Quick Reply: Best place to mount GoPro