Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Best homemade mod

Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess my best home made mod is my custom rock sliders, I have yet to finish them off with a step off bar but here is where they are at now!!! They are my favorite because they helped cover existing rocker damage and will prevent future damage!

a link to the build:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/my-homemade-rock-slider-build-110674/

Last edited by lilviper95; 01-07-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is awesome and there are some sick bumpers on here! You guys should go into business! No homemade mods yet but I'm sure there are some coming soon. I really like the idea of plasti-dipping my antenna. If I had skills I would love to make a front bumper but lack of tools and skills leaves me with the plastic ones.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horwitzs
That looks good. I've just used bungee cords attached to those rear seat mounts to keep stuff from sliding under the front seats.
Can you still install the rear seat?
Yeah, I tried the heavy duty trucker style rubber bungees, but stuff would still slide forward on the trail. I don't know if the rear seat will fit back in. If it does it would be tight. I took mine out the day I bought it.

LOL... anybody wanna buy a never used 2 dr rear seat??
Old 01-07-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

I was gonna post a list on here (I think Ive done more oddball homemade stuff than anyone).
but it seems a lot of this is stuff that people have done "at home", but with shop tools (welders, etc) and experience....so Im gonna leave out most of mine and just stick with the Snorkskull and QuadLight.
If anybody wants me to post up one of my others, let me know!

Snorkskull with a damaged QuadLight

[/B]

Inner Snork

Quadlight with a prototype snorkel
Old 01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My "Sway Bar Holder."

Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
I was gonna post a list on here (I think Ive done more oddball homemade stuff than anyone).
but it seems a lot of this is stuff that people have done "at home", but with shop tools (welders, etc) and experience....so Im gonna leave out most of mine and just stick with the Snorkskull and QuadLight.
If anybody wants me to post up one of my others, let me know!

Snorkskull with a damaged QuadLight

[/B]
Dude, you gotta post a close up of that snorkskull!
Awesome!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

Inner Snork

can you give some more insight how this set up is supposed to work? From the picture it doesnt look functional? The air box is set up to draw in fresh air through the horn between the air box and the pass side inner fenderwell, the air then travels up through the filter and then into the throttle body. I dont understand what your set up is doing since you have disconnected the throttle body tube and it appears to be simply dangling. It seems to me all you have done is allow unfiltered air, dirt, water and whatever else may be present in your engine bay to be sucked into your motor?!?!?
I am not trying to mock your set up, I am just wondering if there is more modifications that are not shown
Old 01-08-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lilviper95
can you give some more insight how this set up is supposed to work? From the picture it doesnt look functional? The air box is set up to draw in fresh air through the horn between the air box and the pass side inner fenderwell, the air then travels up through the filter and then into the throttle body. I dont understand what your set up is doing since you have disconnected the throttle body tube and it appears to be simply dangling. It seems to me all you have done is allow unfiltered air, dirt, water and whatever else may be present in your engine bay to be sucked into your motor?!?!?
I am not trying to mock your set up, I am just wondering if there is more modifications that are not shown
maybe this will help you understand.

Also, click here for original writeup.

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 01-08-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

ahhh, now I understand!!! In the original picture it looked as though the throttle body intake tube was just dangling in the engine bay! Very creative
Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm really happy with my home made roof rack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DT Rack 2..jpg
Views:	4445
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	62269

Quick Reply: Best homemade mod