Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Benchmark Designs Elite Rear Winch Bumper/Tire Carrier

Old 02-13-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just hope yours doesn't have holes drilled in the wrong place... And then go from there.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

removed....

Last edited by jeepersjeep; 02-01-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Just installed> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...er-and-Oil-Pan

Mine makes absolutely no rattles and I didn't have any issues...
Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rafi
lucky you live right near him. he knew it would be a bigger problem if he messed up yours like he did ours....

there are half a dozen things i can see that yours is different than mine just by looking at those few pictures...

congrats, i hate you
Rafi, did you pay via credit card? You might be able to get some satisfaction from the cc company..
Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

no, it was a paypal payment. and after 45 days you cant do anything through paypal. i would have to do it through my bank.

stupid me, my paypal account if linked to my debit account.

FYI.. paypal is worthless after 45 days. so if you are going to fight a charge, or anything do it before 45 days.

i never did it because i was getting weekly emails saying, ill have it out in a week, have it out in a few days, have it out next week.. etc, etc....
That sucks dude, sorry to hear.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks,

its my fault. i was being way too patient, made a $1250 mistake. its not the end of the world, but it sucks.

i wish i was getting some feedback from john on what to do. instead of making up ideas trying to figure out how to fix the problems.

im thinking of tying it to the tail gate, or just figureing out a way to brace it to the rest of the bumper to get it to stop shaking around.

Just a mistake. I never buy things without prior reviews. Im not sure why I did with this.

One reason was because he said 2 weeks. that was a huge perk for me.

and the other is because he's a smooth talker, says what you want to hear.
Well, fingers crossed he makes it right. Seems like it would be a no brainer to spend a few late nights at the shop to gen you up a new one and ship it, would probably result in some good will - it would certainly make me reconsider ordering one...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Freak

All I can say is... Wow...

I was about to buy some stuff from benchmark and other places, but this thread convinced me to just spend the cash else where for now. Perhaps LASIK? Lol.

I hope it does get resolved, but dang... It shouldn't take this long...
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I really wanted this set-up for my JK. I have officially removed Benchmark from the wish-list after reading about the product and customer service. Like you guys, I work hard so I can spend money on my JK and I don't need some jack-ass promising the world just so he can get his hands on that money. Again, thanks for all the info. You probably saved a lot of people money and headaches.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jeepersjeep
Where's Benchmark?
What's going on with this?
Looks like I might cut the arm off and mount it on top of the bumper.
Haven't heard anything from Benchmark.
Major bummer. If you moved the arm up then I don't think you could run the Rotopax. Not that you want to spend more money, but if you are going to cut the arm off you might look into running the OR-Fab tire/can carrier with the bumper. That actually might be a pretty cool combo (I've been thinking about seeing if Benchmark would sell me a bumper without the arm for this very reason.)
Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Benchmark Designs Inc.;2028047]

Anyone know where to get the jerry can in this pic? can't find em'

Quick Reply: Benchmark Designs Elite Rear Winch Bumper/Tire Carrier