Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Benchmark Designs Elite Rear Winch Bumper/Tire Carrier

Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rafi

Great questions... I haveno idea. I have a cutting wheel, and zawzall, laying on the floor near the rear bumper, but with non of these questions answered I hvnt cut anything yet. Free weekend and this to do and I'm not doing it... Iv never been this frustrated over something that's suppose to be fun
From your second picture above it looks like there might be bolts that go from the bottom of the bumper up into the leftover sides of the crossmember. Did it come with any instructions at all?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

No, no instructions and no hardware. I agree looks like holes might connect in the middle...
Old 01-29-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Rafi
No, no instructions and no hardware. I agree looks like holes might connect in the middle...
Maybe the instructions and hardware are coming with the carrier?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

removed.....

Last edited by jeepersjeep; 02-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jeepersjeep
Those are for the winch.
I don't mean the larger holes on the winch plate, I mean the smaller holes on the bumper itself outboard of the winch plate.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

jeepersjeep is doing the cutting tonight. im going to tackle this in the morning after some feedback from him...

23" needs to be sectioned off for the winch to fit. my carrier is also on the way. should be here next friday

Last edited by Rafi; 01-29-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I'm very interested in following this, as this bumper is on my short list of rear bumpers........
Old 01-30-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

ill hi jack this thread a little and add my experience to it...

NOTE: i didnt have any feedback from anyone before doing this. Benchmark told me to section off 23" .. thats all im going off of. this could be wrong, could be right. well see what jeepersjeep has done whenever he updates...

took the chance, and did what i thought was right.

this is where needs to be sectioned.

I started off with the grinder, and did as much as i could.

couldnt get the back end too much because it would have also made contact with the body or muffler...

so.. get the zaw out

section cut

again,

once the cross member was cut, i was having trouble getting the mounting points in at the edges... the frame came in a couple cm's. makes sense...

so add this to the number of things the hi lift is good for...

mounted the bumper

inside look

cleaning up afterwards... making sure the edges arnt sharp.

sanded the edges down and painted... made sure to also touch of the body from any debris that got on it from cutting. i didnt cover it. no damage was done. but its very possible.. so be carful.

my carrier comes on friday. so i will finish it up friday night probably...hopfully..

when people start getting the bumper, and possibly weld plates for addition integrity there is a chance i will also go back and do the same. but honestly i think the bumper being attached is a lot of added integrity.

well see what others do. I do not have the 4 bolts needed to attach the bumper. i emailed john if they are coming on friday, or if I need to get some.

planning to just keep the jeep in the garage until its all done. sadly :( snow storm coming mid week and i wont get to play in it

Last edited by Rafi; 01-30-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice Rafi thank you for showing this i will be watching for your next post when you can hopefully finish that beast!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

apperantly there is a brace that is coming with the rest of the stuff in the second package that i was not told about. the brace is bolt on from the winch plate to the cross member stubs.

Last edited by Rafi; 01-31-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Benchmark Designs Elite Rear Winch Bumper/Tire Carrier