Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Benchmark design bumpers

Old 11-26-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benchmark design bumpers

Hopefully this is allowed, but I'm willing to try because I am impressed!

Ordered myself a benchmark designs front and rear bumper and I couldn't be more happy with the decision.

I have only received the front so far and installed it a couple hours ago.

My initial reactions.

1. Packaged well
2. Quality is top notch.
3. Powder coating is fairly robust and stout.
4. Looks awesome. full function along with good design.
5. Quality is awesome. again.

I really like it for its simplicity, and minimalist designs. Yet still is fully functional.

What I was looking for when in a set of bumpers. (not in particular order)

1. Quality
2. Design
3. Functionality
4. Price
5. Winch mount
6. Stubby or midlength
7. Something to hold my current 35's and not have an issue with holding up to a 37 or bigger if and when i decide to upgrade. (for the rear)
8. I wanted to keep my fog lights

others i considered

1. LOD
2. Expedition one
3. Shockworks
4. AEV

after weeks of going back and forth i finally went for the benchmark designs.
despite the lack of photos, and lack of reviews and comments.

I was really set on the LOD, until I had someone on here PM me about theirs that they had just received. Just over 8 weeks waiting, $1500, and then powder coating needing to be touched up a lot, he kept me away from the LOD.

I like the idea of the rear tire carrier being attached to the rear tail gate, but after seeing a couple of of people backing up into trees, or rocks or anything, and smashing the tire carrier, and the tail gate going with it, i realized 1 extra step will be worth it to me instead of having to replace a tail gate one day.

One reason i went with benchmark was that John answered all my questions within reasonable time, and did a good job not making me feel like i was annoying him...

Price is competitive, and becomes great because shipping was included in list price.

I only have these 2 crappy photos of the bumper at the moment, from my phone. But i will bring out the DSLR in the morning and update the pictures tomorrow.

I had never heard of them until i accidentally ran into the 1 and only thread i could find them.

anyway. I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else in my shoes looking for a set of bumpers.

Like i said earlier, I havn't gotten the rear w/ tire carrier yet. but I'm not worried about it what so ever after installing this.

Cant wait for the rear!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks pretty nice. Seems too basic to me for some reason. Maybe a winch plate and a light bar would beef it up. I guess I just think it looks like a homemade bumper. Nice looking though!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rafi
Hopefully this is allowed, but I'm willing to try because I am impressed!

I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else in my shoes looking for a set of bumpers.
Any info on price, weight and install (does it use stock mounting holes or do you neff to drill/cut the frame) for the front?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smuhhh
Looks pretty nice. Seems too basic to me for some reason. Maybe a winch plate and a light bar would beef it up. I guess I just think it looks like a homemade bumper. Nice looking though!
do you mean like this?

I just got my aftermarket oil pan from Benchmark, and boy is it solid. I also just ordered a different bumper from them. hopefully it's as beefy as the oil pan.

They are a vendor on here. Check out all there stuff in the vendor section.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dcharge74
do you mean like this?

I just got my aftermarket oil pan from Benchmark, and boy is it solid. I also just ordered a different bumper from them. hopefully it's as beefy as the oil pan.

They are a vendor on here. Check out all there stuff in the vendor section.
I really like that pic
Any of the rear w tire carrier?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking bumper. Thank you for your input. I would love to see more pictures of it.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cowboypunk
thaks for the write up..just solidified my descion on gettin that bumper with the hoop...
Yeah, it was a toss up sorta for me, and i decided against the hoop. I like the flat minimalist look. once i get the winch and winch plate on there it will be less of a bench haha.

its a perfect seat

Quick Reply: Benchmark design bumpers