Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Before and after pics - Check it out!

Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest a budget boost or even the MORE 1 inch body spacer, because it looks like your going to have some real rubbing issues when you flex it.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

What is the difference between the BB and the MORE body spacer, where can it be purchased, and how hard are they to install?

If I went with the MORE body spacer would I use the same size (1") for both front and back? :confused:

Thanks!
Ran
Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

The 1 nich body lift from MORE does just that. It will add one inch between your frame and the body of the Jeep. You install 11 aluminum spacers to lift the body up. It sounds scary if you've never done it, but it is pretty simple especially for one inch. Should take less than 2 hours maybe 1-1.5? I've done it on a YJ and TJ but not yet the JK. I probably will within next 3 months though. The MORE kit is $200. I found a nice Daystar kit that uses polyurethane spacers, but is $395.

The "budget boosts" such as Teraflex add a spacer above your stock springs all around and are 2-2.5 inches. New shocks can be added and you will get bumpstop extensions and maybe some brackets to drop down your rear brake lines to avoid over stretching them. Wayoflife has a write-up on the Teraflex to get a better idea. I just did this for mine and it took 3.5 hours by myself. These cost from $200-400 depending on shocks and brand.

Either one will give you additional clearance for larger tires, or in your case enough clearance for 33s. One will lift just the body the other the suspension and body.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

yea i did the Teraflex BB 2.5 too. a friend and i did it in 2.5 hours, i also added a 3/4 spacer up front to level it out as i have a new bumper and winch that added 140lbs to the front. now im puttin on 35s instead of 33s but even with stock tires it looks ok

before

after

so even with this set up, 33s would look nice and have zero rub. and when i say zero rub as in upper wheel well, peeps that use the 1.5 spider spacers are using them because they are putting bigger tires as in width on stock rims. so the tire is closer to the inside of the jeep, thats where u get the rub, so you need to space them out. if you get new rims and tires the rims are made so they are not so close to the jeep as to make room for the bigger tires

hope this helps....btw. jeep looks nice
Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking Jeep butthe "4X4" sticker loks really outta place. it detracts from the look of the jeep. otherwise, it a great looking Jeep!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kidjeep
Either one will give you additional clearance for larger tires, or in your case enough clearance for 33s. One will lift just the body the other the suspension and body.
So which one is better when only trying to gain 1-2 inches, body lift or suspension? It's not a matter of price, but the ride.....

Thanks,
Randy
Old 04-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it looks good. I don’t mind the 4x4 stickers, they kind of match with the X stickers. Stickers aren’t my thing, but then this isn’t my Jeep!

Love the tires. I want to go to 33's myself, also a bit undecided on whether i want to do a small body lift or a small budget suspension lift. The body lift would eliminate any track bar bracket relocation breakage/adjustable track bar issues, needs, etc. because it would keep all of your suspension original. Just pushes the body up to clear the tires... but gains you no net ground clearance. (except for that from adding the larger diameter tires) but the suspension lift would gain some ground clearance...

Not sure which way i want to go.

Cheap and easy gives the nod to (my prom date or) the body lift. This would retain your exact factory ride, with a slightly tippier feel in the corners, but it would be negligable. Havent heard of any ESP problems with short body lifts yet.

More expensive but with better long term possibilities goes to (my better half or) the suspension lift. But MAY i repeat only MAY have issues with the trackbar bracket and ESP. Some people have these issues while others havent. *shrugs*

I guess it depends where you want to go in the future.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 04-11-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RanMan
So which one is better when only trying to gain 1-2 inches, body lift or suspension? It's not a matter of price, but the ride.....

Thanks,
Randy
If you only think you will ever go as big as 33s and you really want stock ride, I would probably just do a one inch body lift. A lot of people have something against them visually, but a one inch lift is hardly noticeable even to the trained JK forum eye. You will keep a stock ride and easy to install. Of course the BB is not going to affect your stock ride much and is not much more involved install.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

What about doing the Daystar 1 3/4" spacer lift? Is that a pretty easy install?
I doubt I will ever go larger the the 33" tires I already have, so I'm not really trying to plan for the future.... just manage what I have.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=KJ09137BK

Last edited by RanMan; 04-12-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

got the tires on it now, so heres what it looks like in 3 stages
b4 lift

after lift:

and after tires:

the ride changed to bumpier after the new tires...so its not the lift...i drove the new lift for weeks b4 new tires and it was unchanged....i need to play with the tire pressure im told, even though the tires are rated for a certain pressure, im told they dont factor in you are puttin a light jeep on them....so not as much needed....IM TOLD

Quick Reply: Before and after pics - Check it out!