Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Before and After - LoD TF 2.5 Coil

Old 02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before and After - LoD TF 2.5 Coil

Ok, I can finally post the before and after pics. This is going from pure stock to full LoD bumpers and rock sliders. The lift is TF 2.5 coil with shock adapters.

The jeep has been "stuck" in the garage behind my camper for over a month now. The snow we had here made it impossible for me to move the camper enough to get the jeep out. Took it out today and honestly I'm starting to agree with the people who say the TF coil lift rides better than stock. I was even looking for pot holes or bumps to hit just to see if I could feel them. Nothing!

Before/After:

Old 02-21-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Oh yeah, I forgot. Spidertrax spacers too. You can tell the difference on the rear angle.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

very nice rig!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good lookin truck. How long did it take to put on the bumpers and winch?
Old 02-21-2010, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MoridinTX
Good lookin truck. How long did it take to put on the bumpers and winch?
LOL how long did it take to do the work? Or how long has it taken ME to get it all done?

It's been a while, but I'm no stranger to the underside of a jeep. The front bumper and winch was a single evening. That was almost too easy. Each of the rock sliders was a short evening. Lots of drilling, tapping and cussing. The rear bumper I'm not really sure how long it took. Probably a total of two evenings at 3-4 hours each. All of the above work was by myself or with my 10 yr old who didn't do much more than hand me wrenches.

This isn't my daily driver so I was in no hurry. Honestly a couple of guys could do both bumpers on a saturday no problem.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sburggsx
LOL how long did it take to do the work? Or how long has it taken ME to get it all done?

It's been a while, but I'm no stranger to the underside of a jeep. The front bumper and winch was a single evening. That was almost too easy. Each of the rock sliders was a short evening. Lots of drilling, tapping and cussing. The rear bumper I'm not really sure how long it took. Probably a total of two evenings at 3-4 hours each. All of the above work was by myself or with my 10 yr old who didn't do much more than hand me wrenches.

This isn't my daily driver so I was in no hurry. Honestly a couple of guys could do both bumpers on a saturday no problem.
Heh I was wondering how long to do the work. I usually do all my own work as well. I don't have a little helper so it usually takes me longer... However I may have a friend help with the rear bumper.

I am eagerly awaiting the deliver of my rear LoD, I think I have 3-4 more weeks of waiting. I need to tool around on the Jeep so will have to focus on smaller mods, wiring mostly.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Major improvement
Old 02-21-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default .

Are those the stock tires you are running? Curious because I am pulling the trigger on the 2.5" or 3" Teraflex lift very soon. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cell4soul
Are those the stock tires you are running? Curious because I am pulling the trigger on the 2.5" or 3" Teraflex lift very soon. Thanks in advance.
Yes, those are the stock rubi tires and wheels. The jeep would look a lot more beefy with more rubber, but honestly looks fine with the stockers.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by e-jeep
How much drilling for the rock rails?
If you follow the write-up on them it tells you. It was like 5 per side I think. I went into a lot more detail on the install thread.

Quick Reply: Before and After - LoD TF 2.5 Coil