Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bedlined door sills today

Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think they would add a primer/unpainted option, so we could do the whole thing? Love this place - so many ideas!
(just too little time & way too little money...)
Thanks for the details.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Real nice. I wish that I had thought of this before paying for the plastic Jeep sill plates.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks pretty slick. I wonder if you can add some sort of texture or something to make it a bit more slip resistant.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
I have also done my hinges recently too! Bedliner is nectar of the gods for Jeeps

No real write up just some pics.
Wasnt hard took longer to tape stuff up than to do the actual spraying.
I found that the sills were getting scratched up and generally looking like crap so I had some Duplicolour Bed Liner left over from my Bumper Fab that I plan on keeping around to fix dings and whatnot. So I figured what the hell.

Turned out pretty good.
Did you sand the door sills before spraying the bedliner?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TXEMT
That looks pretty slick. I wonder if you can add some sort of texture or something to make it a bit more slip resistant.
The EZ Liner I used for my hinges has more grip to it. I may redo it with that.

Originally Posted by jake2013
Did you sand the door sills before spraying the bedliner?

yes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for posting this. I was getting ready to buy the some guards because of the scratches I'm starting to see.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catzilla

I could have used some tape to make the coating a straight line but I didn't bother, it doesn't matter to me if the paint is alittle uneven. It looks better than rock chips and gouges. Besides I know that where I go wheelin', I'm just gonna get some more scuffs to display proudly. That bar is made by A-Z Fab in case anyone is wondering.
this is probably the laziest worst mod I've seen in my life, I think rock chips look much better than what you did
The following users liked this post:
JkuJkurTjJtrJk (12-11-2020)
Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cucmd1
Thanks for posting this. I was getting ready to buy the some guards because of the scratches I'm starting to see.
i think the mopar guards are much better than the duplicolor spray, but it does work, I would just spend the money for the guards, and forget about them. its not a big deal doing touch ups with the spray, but I have to keep doing them in my steps all the time.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by marlettx
has anyone done their dash with this??? everyone complains about how easily it scratches, maybe this is a good solution
I fixed my Chevy blazer with a spray can color for dash. It worked like magic. I wonder if I can find something like this for the jk. you would not believe how well this dash paint works, you can do spot painting and you won't even tell. using bedliner spray all over your dash would be a lot of work, and I don't think it would look that great, somebody already did their doors, and IMO it looked really bad.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

very nice. I might have to do this to mine.

Quick Reply: Bedlined door sills today