Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

bedlined door/hood hinges

Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bedlined door/hood hinges

got around to finally bedlining my hinges on the doors as well as the hood. very easy stuff Just sanded by hand, put on about 3 -4 coats of EZ-Liner, and let dry for a couple days. For the life of my I couldnt get the hood hinges off so I ended up masking and painting them right on the jeep, turned out fine. Looking at the pictures now I think maybe I should have bedlined the window hinge as well...o well another time maybe I'll get to that.

here are the pics:

and one of my dads summer car that was out for the day, next to the jeep, good old british V12 goodness!

Last edited by 07Rubi2dr; 06-05-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those look great, I definately need to do this to mine one of these days.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

I also need to do this. I get rock chips all over my on my door hinges, this seems like a good solution. Was there any problem getting them to fit after lining them?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:54 AM
JK Jedi

Looks great, this is one of my future mods since the paint on the hinges is already going south.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since you masked the hood hinges and removed the door hinges and now know the difference between the two, do you think the door hinges could be done by masking them off as well?

Having done it both ways, what would you recommend?

It looks really good!!! I have to do it now on my yellow one!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eisenjj
I never heard of EZ-liner! Looks very good...nice texture. Where did you get it? That XK is lovely!!!
I got it at the local Canadian tire....for Americans i'm not sure where you can find it.
Originally Posted by pike.zachary
I also need to do this. I get rock chips all over my on my door hinges, this seems like a good solution. Was there any problem getting them to fit after lining them?
umm there was a bit of a problem with one door, but i took it off, re-aligned them and it fits fine now, maybe a little tighter than before. Its easy to see where to put them back on cause they are not painted underneath.

Originally Posted by SW4006
Since you masked the hood hinges and removed the door hinges and now know the difference between the two, do you think the door hinges could be done by masking them off as well?

Having done it both ways, what would you recommend?

It looks really good!!! I have to do it now on my yellow one!
I'm not sure if you could do the door hinges by just masking. To paint the hood hinges I actually too the hood off just leaving the hinges attached to the jeep (I couldnt undo the bolts to get them off the jeep) so since there was no hood on it made it really easy to paint, It would be difficult to just mask if you left the hood on, likewise with the doors. Plus the door hinges are super easy to take off, so its easiest to do it that way.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks good
Old 06-06-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Looks great, I need to do this soon
Old 06-06-2009, 10:14 PM
JK Super Freak

thanks guys, we'll see how it holds up wheeling tomorrow