Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

bed lined rocker panels and new bumper !

Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bed lined rocker panels and new bumper !

ok- so I removed the rock sliders and applied some rustoleum spray-in bed liner to the lower rocker panel sections. I like this better than the dupilcolor product...not as thick as herculiner but has a nice texture and goes on pretty evenly.

Also installed a new rear bumper from Rugged Ridge with the tire carrier.

Last edited by jeepmedic; 04-22-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
ok- so I removed the rock sliders and applied some rustoleum spray-in bed liner to the lower rocker panel sections. I like this better than the dupilcolor product...not as thick as herculiner but has a nice texture and goes on pretty evenly.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

I like the bedlinded rocker panels. I may do this and go up just a little further. BTW I also like the bumper, since I have one just like it.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

pics should be up now.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

that looks good.....i am getting my rocker panel line-x'd, but i am going to make it go up like the body armor on some of the sliders.

do you have a wide angle side shot of the finished product??? my buddy is thinking about doing exactly what you did. thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cpray
that looks good.....i am getting my rocker panel line-x'd, but i am going to make it go up like the body armor on some of the sliders.

do you have a wide angle side shot of the finished product??? my buddy is thinking about doing exactly what you did. thanks.
I'll try for a pic tomarrow when I get home from work. Line-x would have been nice....but the spray liner I picked up from menards for 8 bucks
Old 04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks good! I did mine a while back...

Old 04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gcollura
I like the bedlinded rocker panels. I may do this and go up just a little further. BTW I also like the bumper, since I have one just like it.

I have been thinking the same, I like it but i don't know if i should do it or get it linexed still tring to decide
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice! I got a couple cans waiting and can't wait to do this. I too am going to go higher and also do the door sills. If it would just warm up here. It's actually snowing here as I write this. Northern Az weather is so
Old 04-23-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
I'll try for a pic tomarrow when I get home from work. Line-x would have been nice....but the spray liner I picked up from menards for 8 bucks
yeah, the line-x guy quoted me $400 to do the job, but that is going higher up the rocker panels, up the door sills, under fenders where the bare metal is exposed from my fender chop, and he said he'd even do the fenders if i wanted. not cheap, but i think i may do it anyway. will look like the body armor, but no drilling into the body of the vehicle.

by the way, thanks for posting up the other pics, i'll get my friend to look.

Quick Reply: bed lined rocker panels and new bumper !