Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area 12/9/12

Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area 12/9/12

Well 7500 miles and a new set of nittos we decided to take the jeep out to east Texas to the BMRA in Gilmore Texas. Had a blast did most of the class 2 trails got lost and ran into a class 4 pretty scary but we made it out lol and did the class 3 pictured no issue in this stock suspension JK on with the pics!!!

The bumper is removed because i ordered an aftermarket one and I thought it would be here in a week or so so I sold my stocker and have had to go without..

Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah ! Good ol' east Texas red mud!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by texwillys
Yeah ! Good ol' east Texas red mud!
Haha I know easy to wash off though
Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

I made a similar mistake and wound up on a four at Hidden Falls near Marble Falls, TX this weekend too. By the time I realized what I had done it was too late to turn back.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cmurf
I made a similar mistake and wound up on a four at Hidden Falls near Marble Falls, TX this weekend too. By the time I realized what I had done it was too late to turn back.
Yea made it all the way to the top till I got to a rock face that required 37s and a spotter lol I backed down till I could turn around haha
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey! nice pics, i've been looking to go up there for awhile now. Is it a good place to just chill and spend a day with a decent amount of moderate trails?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKJon
Hey! nice pics, i've been looking to go up there for awhile now. Is it a good place to just chill and spend a day with a decent amount of moderate trails?
Oh yea there are a lot of class 2s that are lots of fun I'm in DFW as well we left around 8am Saturday got there around 1130 we were on the trails till 5 or so id camp there or stay in a near by motel its a big place!!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKJon
Barnwell is very nice. I spent the weekend out there with a buddy. Camping and wheelin'. Two weeks later I had a jeep of my own, lol. We spent an entire day in his TJ doing nothing above a 3. It is definitely a great place to spend a day or a weekend. Plenty of trails you could run in a stock jeep.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah gonna go back with sway bar disconnects rocker panel armor side rails and differential armor. Just to be on the safe side... Don't know when it happened but looks like a rock scrapped up the lip of my new procomp wheels but I told the wife oh well least it's a cool trail scar not some gay parking lot accident lol
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

What size tires are you running?? Spacers?

Quick Reply: Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area 12/9/12