Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

BajaRack on my JK.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BajaRack on my JK.

Hello Everyone,

After many, many months of searching for a rack, I finally selected the BajaRack.

I picked it because it did not require drilling, it was a frame mount, could be used with hard and soft top, and it had a full basket. It would easily hold my kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboard. Oh yeah, and the price was right.

Here are pics of my install. I must say, I was very impressed with the following.

1. I was told there was a 3 week lead time...surprise, surprise, I received it in 2 weeks.
2. The packaging was outstanding.
3. BajaRack reps responded to my questions promptly and also provided pics of previous JK's with the rack and also copies of the install manual.

It was a painless install. Feel free to PM with more specific questions. I have many more pics, but could not figure out how to get past the 5 picture limit per post.

cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JLowy; 06-30-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great and fairly easy to install. Nice Job!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where did you order from, or how much does it run. PM me if need too, I want this rack.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MX355
Where did you order from, or how much does it run. PM me if need too, I want this rack.
Yeah, I haven't even heard of this rack before. I just looked at their website and they don't even have anything listed for the JK - this rack is not on their site. What's the cost?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

I'm also interested in where you purchased this, and if it is available for the 2 door.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rack looks good.

The rear mounting looks very similar to the Gobi.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Looks awesome!! Is it easy to remove to get the Soft top down
yes - I'm curious as to how hard it is to open up the soft top.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default lowering for soft top

The rack pivots off of the rear supports. All you need to do is remove either the four bolts that connect the basket to the front support or you can remove the four bolts that connect to the window frame. I was able to tilt back by myself by attaching a rope to the basket about 1/3 the way back and standing behind it and pulling. You will need some sort of support/prop when you get the rack upright (unless you can talk someone into holding it up while you lower the soft top) I had a square nose shovel that was the perfect height, but I will probably fab one in the shape of a Y. Originally, I thought about substituting wingnuts for the front lock nuts to make it faster, but I decided to just use my socket wrench instead. The BajaRack website lists their dealer network.

Regards,

Jay
Old 07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

I contacted BajaRack today via email and asked for more information about this rack, and pointed out that I couldn't find it on their website; this was their response:

[I]Thank you for considering BajaRack!

We do make a rack for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited, but we are too busy to update our website! The rack measures 52" wide x 90" long x 6" tall (This rack comes as one piece). Finish Zinc primer with black powder coating. All mounting brackets and stretch net included. Price is $850.00 plus shipping and sales tax (CA only).

Please let me know if you are interested in this or the EXPedition version for rooftop tents.

Have a great 4th!

Best Regards,

John Gjata

Remember - "Every day is Friday at BajaRack!"

BajaRack Adventure Equipment

web site: xxx.bajarack.com

He also attached a few pics to the email which I'll share:

And, finally, he also attached a PDF file with specs and dimensions and optional accessories, which is available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?joy2njkddwz"]http://www.mediafire.com/?joy2njkddwz

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 07-02-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Please do not direct link non-sponsors. Thanks...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice Rack! I would like to see a close-up of the mount on the Snorkel side. Most folks have to modify something to make their rack work. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.