Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Baja/Stinger Style Tire carrier by Screamin Lizard Customs

Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this, since it remnds me of the way prerunner trucks carry their spare tires on the bed.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Looks awesome guys, good job!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
The main Idea to this was to give more ground clearance and back up clearance.

This customer has had a few places where he was dragging his tire or needed just a foot more backing up on a trail.

All this and the Ice chest still fits in the back
I have a big problem with hitting the spare on the back on the ground, I need a better alternative to carrying my spare without having it hang on the back
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by john smack
I have a big problem with hitting the spare on the back on the ground, I need a better alternative to carrying my spare without having it hang on the back
Bring your JK down to Texas so it can thaw outand we will hook you up with one like this.

I saw your post on the "ice mud" I lived in Alaska for 7 years and don't miss the Ice one bit.

Sean
Old 10-15-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

i love that look. i'm wanting to do something similar. but my thinking was mounting the carrier on the rear rollbar, the having it swing up. i'm planning on capping out at 37's. i THINK we can get the setup to work so that i can apply my hard top for any regualr driving i do . just getting it off will be a SOB at that point

something similar to this i saw on a built TJ. i realize this setup utilizes a different cage but i THINK it could be pulled off.

what do u think camp? tell i'm crazy or that its plausable

Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
Bring your JK down to Texas so it can thaw outand we will hook you up with one like this.

I saw your post on the "ice mud" I lived in Alaska for 7 years and don't miss the Ice one bit.

Sean
Time to expand and open a canadian branch
Old 10-15-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like this idea to get the tire off of the back door, but would need to be able to keep my back door on. Maybe like you said a rear stinger that folds down from the door, or I was even looking at this Northernmedic's thread, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/finally-got-fabin-103691/. Not sure when I would do something like this, got alot of things I still want to do to the jeep, have to come up with a game plan and some time.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Is that a Rockhard Seat Belt Bar across the rear? I need something like this so I can put Corbeaus in the rear.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roketman
Is that a Rockhard Seat Belt Bar across the rear? I need something like this so I can put Corbeaus in the rear.
Yes it is the rear Rock Hard Seat Belt Bar. I'm running Mastercraft harnesses in all seating positions.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Quick Reply: Baja/Stinger Style Tire carrier by Screamin Lizard Customs