Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Which looks better?
Badged.
50.00%
De-badged.
50.00%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Badged or De-badged?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Letters

I posted this on your other thread, but might as well do it here too.... I vote for black letters which is why I did mine that way.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

De-Badging the 4 door Jeep is just asking for it to be called a Hummer.. I voted keep'em!

Note: hence the reason the red JK above painted the top of his hard doors black.

Last edited by whpony96; 06-17-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I removed all of the stickers on my Sahara... not to make it look more like a hummer, and not because I don't want to admit having a Sahara..but because I HATED THE SILVER. Had they been black I probably would've kept them.

And yes...the bumper inserts are next to go. I opted for the Sahara because I wanted one that had the MyGig and power windows. Rubicons were a very long wait at the time and I'm not very patient.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasruby
I removed all of the stickers on my Sahara... not to make it look more like a hummer, and not because I don't want to admit having a Sahara..but because I HATED THE SILVER. Had they been black I probably would've kept them.

And yes...the bumper inserts are next to go. I opted for the Sahara because I wanted one that had the MyGig and power windows. Rubicons were a very long wait at the time and I'm not very patient.

That's funny, I'm know exactly what you mean. I'm replacing all my silver decals with black ones tomorrow, and we'll see how it looks.

To the OP, I'd vote in order of preferance for black decals, then silver decals, and the de-badged.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jasruby

I would paint the silver inserts Rescue Green!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
I would paint the silver inserts Rescue Green!
Thats a good idea....and probably look good with my rescue green fenders... now why didn't I think of that?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DeepSky
haha, I wonder why that might be

Anyway I hadn't considered swapping for black decals. I've been leaning towards de-badged myself, but I like the look of the black decals. What did those cost you from the dealership?
these are cheaper, and are of the same quality...I've got a set on mine.

ww.pixeldecals.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=37&product_id=55
Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

i voted debadge but im adding that you should replace them with your own stickers and decals
Old 06-18-2009, 02:27 AM
Jsr
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mk-Dubai
i voted debadge but im adding that you should replace them with your own stickers and decals
x2 - it doesn't look right with how your rig is looking...
Old 06-18-2009, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeep Junkie
I voted de-bagged. Get rid of all that stuff. All of it. Having badging on a Jeep is like riding a horse that says "HORSE" on it. lol. Seriously, I don't understand why anyone would want any badging on a Jeep. It's one of the most iconic vehicles on the planet and there's no chance of it being mistaken for something else if it didn't have a bunch of badging on it telling people what it obviously is. Shave that baby smooth and save all that unnecessary advertising for people getting paid to do so.
But yet non jeepers say "Geez, that looks like a hummer". Sometimes the badging is needed for people who just don't know the difference

Quick Reply: Badged or De-badged?