Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Badest JK Ever

Old 01-28-2007, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paragon- CHILL, DUDE. The reality of it is, we are all just expressing our opinions. Maybe if the first post wasn't titled "Baddest JK Ever," this thread wouldn't be so long. Why do you have to fight everyone over these issues. Let people express their opinions without telling them they are wrong.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
Paragon- CHILL, DUDE. The reality of it is, we are all just expressing our opinions. Maybe if the first post wasn't titled "Baddest JK Ever," this thread wouldn't be so long. Why do you have to fight everyone over these issues. Let people express their opinions without telling them they are wrong.
Obviously lots of people have different opinions on this, let's just leave it at that. Way, can you lock this for us, that way it will stay in the archive, but we can get some new stuff flowing through this section.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

IIRC, if you read through the initial build-up thread, the guy says he's planning RE's 4.5" long arm kit... AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT. Currently there's no long-arm kits actually available right now, are there? Everyone's showing them off, no one shipping them though. Much less weeks ago when this guy was first building his rig. NONE of RE's kits are shipping yet. He's building his rig with what's currently available, which isn't much yet even now.

He's running those tires to see what the Rubicon axle can stand up to. So far so good it seems. The Rubicon D44's are 32 spline inner, D70 sized according to Ron @ AlloyUSA, with 32-spline fine-spline outers. I can't remember off-hand how the u-joints stack up though.

Funny thing is, if you look at what he's done, I don't think he's really dropped a lot of dough in the rig yet. All the bumper and tube work was done himself, his driveline is pretty much still all stock, so the money is really in stuff most of us do anyway... lift and new tires, a winch, etc. And most folks will probably also be buying aftermarket bumpers (vs building their own).
Old 01-28-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason
IIRC, if you read through the initial build-up thread, the guy says he's planning RE's 4.5" long arm kit... AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT. Currently there's no long-arm kits actually available right now, are there? Everyone's showing them off, no one shipping them though. Much less weeks ago when this guy was first building his rig. NONE of RE's kits are shipping yet. He's building his rig with what's currently available, which isn't much yet even now.

He's running those tires to see what the Rubicon axle can stand up to. So far so good it seems. The Rubicon D44's are 32 spline inner, D70 sized according to Ron @ AlloyUSA, with 32-spline fine-spline outers. I can't remember off-hand how the u-joints stack up though.

Funny thing is, if you look at what he's done, I don't think he's really dropped a lot of dough in the rig yet. All the bumper and tube work was done himself, his driveline is pretty much still all stock, so the money is really in stuff most of us do anyway... lift and new tires, a winch, etc. And most folks will probably also be buying aftermarket bumpers (vs building their own).
Do you personally know this guy?

I really like it, I gotta say it takes alot of nutz to do that to a new jeep.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by paragon
Maybe you should be a little more open then. As the Wrangler is Jeep's iconic off-road vehicle and it's that image that most think.
Thank you for the lesson on what the Wrangler IS and again for informing me about how much you are in tune with what "most think". I'll try to be more open and learn from your great insight and wisdom.

US vs. THEM once again. Regardless of how you want to paint it, that's exactly the image you keep portraying. That is the part I don't get.
If that's how you choose to see me, who am I to try and convince you of otherwise.

So what if other's do it, why are you creating a forum that is basing itself upon that?
I'm sorry, I don't ever recall seeking your divine wisdom as to how I should create this forum. But, I assure you, if I wanted it, I'd be sure to ask please.

I'll make my point very succinctly:

your comments:

"nothing any of us say will change your mind"

"Weare after all entitled to our own opinions even if they don't always agree with yours"
Yup, those are my comments and your right, I shouldn't drag anyone else into this. I will restate - Nothing I say will change your mind. And, I am entitled to my opinons even if they don't always agree with yours. Obviously, the same is true in reverse and so goes life.

Look paragon, if you don't like the way I run this forum, the way I think or whatever, maybe you should consider starting your own forum. That way you can create it however you want, do whatever you want and say whatever you want.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:02 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by woolf
Obviously lots of people have different opinions on this, let's just leave it at that. Way, can you lock this for us, that way it will stay in the archive, but we can get some new stuff flowing through this section.
If that's what you really want. You did start the thread and you are entitled to request that it be closed.

Hey paragon, if you have issues with this decision, please contact me by PM. I'd be more than happy to keep talking to you there.

Eddie

EDIT: After reviewing your user profile and seeing the continuing personal and public attacks on me, I have decided that you are no longer welcome at JK-Forum and are now officially banned.

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-01-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Badest JK Ever