Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Badest JK Ever

Old 01-28-2007, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fathomgreencamaro
I think the tube exoskeleton is cool. I'd like to have that integrated with the Landrunner roof rack.

Thanks for the caution on the magnet idea. Where can I
get a vinyl star? I guess I could make one probably but I
haven't done crafts since the boy scouts.
Go to a local sign shop. Try http://signsbytomarrow.com They are my local guys and are real reasonible as far as pricing goes.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:00 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by ponpeta
Great Job who ever he is, if I had the time, money and talent I would do something like that also. I went on a trail ride this weekend with a bunch, a couple was given me crap about lifting my new JK, they said "you should wait until it's paid off" they shut up when I told them it was paid for and I will do what ever I want to it, it's mine! We all look at the pictures from SEMA, Mags and were ever else but only dream of having a big rig like that to go and tear the hell out of it on the weekend.

I honestly don't understand it. I don't have a panel on my H2 that doesn't have a scratch, gouge or dent. The frame is caved and dented to heck and I've wheeled it from 2 months after receiving it and either got grief for not wheeling it for got grief for beating on something that cost that much.

Some people are just going to bitch.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:03 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by woolf
Go to a local sign shop. Try http://signsbytomarrow.com They are my local guys and are real reasonible as far as pricing goes.
Your business intrigues the absolute hell out of me (not the sign shop you posted about)

Old 01-28-2007, 04:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by paragon
Sorry, but that's just the difference. I would dare say, most "think" of a Jeep as being off-road, not on the highway.
Well, I guess I'm not a part of "most" as I tehd to see my Jeeps as being vehicles that perform great off-road right out of the box and can be built up to do even more. But again, that's just me.

That being said, those saying TJ and CJ, look at many of the built rigs. Tons of them are stretching their wheelbases. Couple that with having a full 4 door Jeep and IT IS THE DEAL to build up.
Well, I did mention XJ in my buggy list and if I were to do a TJ, you're right, I would stretch it. But, I realize that's besids the point.

Honestly, I don't get bashing, even if you say you aren't, it comes across as bashing, because someone chose to spend money a different way than you.
Honestly, you can see it however you want to see it and I'm sure nothing any of us say will change your mind. And hey, that's okay.

I promise, my JK will be a dedicated trail rig in short order (a couple of years or so) and be trailer trash, God willing. It's different strokes, that's all.
Good for you and you're absolutely right.

Guys doing mods like this will be the ones that can provide all kinds of tech help because they are tearing into things so much.
You know, I really wish you were right about this but over the years, I have seen very few of these guys actually helping average Joes out. More times than not, their the ones belittling newbies and giving them shit for seeing their Jeeps as daily drivers instead of off-road machines. But hey, that's just been what I have seen.

I know I have one of the first 4,000 H2s made.
Okay

Secondly, it's the first time anyone has personally modded a JK like this. He's the guinea, so help instead of grief would likely be more appreciated.
And in all honesty, I'm glad that he did. It's his Jeep and he should be able to do whatever he wants to it. But, just because he did it doesn't mean anybody else has to like it, encourage it or even understand why he did what he did. We are after all entitled to our own opinions even if they don't always agree with yours.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paragon
Your business intrigues the absolute hell out of me (not the sign shop you posted about)

It is a very technical but fun business. Work comes from just about anywhere. Gotta love tubes!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 04:48 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well, I guess I'm not a part of "most" as I tehd to see my Jeeps as being vehicles that perform great off-road right out of the box and can be built up to do even more. But again, that's just me.

Well, I did mention XJ in my buggy list and if I were to do a TJ, you're right, I would stretch it. But, I realize that's besids the point.

Honestly, you can see it however you want to see it and I'm sure nothing any of us say will change your mind. And hey, that's okay.

Good for you and you're absolutely right.

You know, I really wish you were right about this but over the years, I have seen very few of these guys actually helping average Joes out. More times than not, their the ones belittling newbies and giving them shit for seeing their Jeeps as daily drivers instead of off-road machines. But hey, that's just been what I have seen.

Okay

And in all honesty, I'm glad that he did. It's his Jeep and he should be able to do whatever he wants to it. But, just because he did it doesn't mean anybody else has to like it, encourage it or even understand why he did what he did. We are after all entitled to our own opinions even if they don't always agree with yours.
Maybe you should be a little more open then. As the Wrangler is Jeep's iconic off-road vehicle and it's that image that most think.

US vs. THEM once again. Regardless of how you want to paint it, that's exactly the image you keep portraying. That is the part I don't get.

So what if other's do it, why are you creating a forum that is basing itself upon that?

I'll make my point very succinctly:

your comments:

"nothing any of us say will change your mind"

"Weare after all entitled to our own opinions even if they don't always agree with yours"

Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some people misunderstood some things. I really think the Jeep looks good. I just think that any Jeep should be able to go down the road at more than 30 mph without shaking itself apart. To me, that means it wasn't built right. I know what WOL and donpeta are talking about, people giving others crap about taking a new Jeep offroad, and not actually giving others help. Just last week some guy in a cab-truck was giving me crap saying that I wasn't going to be able to get up a certain hill without lockers, and that I needed to take the side trail. I showed him by going straight up the middle of the hill he said I couldn't do. The funniest part was that after I turned around at the top and came down, he was gone.

Last edited by Renegade; 01-28-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

At least he's wheelin it
Old 01-28-2007, 04:55 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by Renegade
I think some people misunderstood some things. I really think the Jeep looks good. I just think that any Jeep should be ably to go down the road at more than 30 mph without shaking itself apart. To me, that means it wasn't built right. I know what WOL and donpeta are talking about, people giving others crap about taking a new Jeep offroad, and not actually giving others help. Just last week some guy in a cab-truck was giving me crap saying that I wasn't going to be able to get up a certain hill without lockers, and that I needed to take the side trail. I showed him by going straight up the middle of the hill he said I couldn't do. The funniest part was that after I turned around at the top and came down, he was gone.

And I think some people misunderstand others. There are reasons why it's not going down the highway.... something is off and he is trying to figure it out. That's a part of building something up.

Just because some prick bashes doesn't mean the like favor should be returned to someone else. You just haven't met the right people. The hardcore members in our clubs help the blingers and newbies alike. Either way I don't get it. I don't get the newbie bashing and I don't get the razzing about someone spending XXXX dollars on a trail rig.

Respect works both ways.

( I will say that newbie hazing is different than newbie bashing)

Old 01-28-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

If he went wit hradial tires, 5.13s and a complete lift like the RE 4.5" I bet it would ride fine on the hwy...or atleast with the $$ he seems to have make it run fine.

He'll I DD a TJ on 37s for years.

Quick Reply: Badest JK Ever