Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Badest JK Ever

Old 01-28-2007, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, didn't realize so many people hated this guy so much. Sorry to conjure up all those bad feelings inside of you guys. I still like it.

Last edited by woolf; 01-28-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

I don't think anyone "hates" this guy.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that JK is freakin awesome for what is was made to do, hit the trails/rocks and not see any street action. At least this Rubicon is hitting the rocks and trails and not being used for soccer practice. From what it appears the owner is retired and enjoys wheeling and building/fabrication, let's not knock him for that. Hey, I hope I am having that much fun at retirement.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by woolf
Come on guys stop hatin'. If money was not an object you all know you wouldn't start with a CJ. If it were all about money, we would still have the first Jeep we ever started with, and not all be waiting for our bright shiny new JKs to arrive. I for one am jealous.
Ummm, who's hatin' anyone or anything? And, you're right, I probably would have started off with a late 90's TJ or a mid 90's XJ. But hey, that's just me
Old 01-28-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Amen to that.. and i didnt say a cross word against him. i just said it was a shame not to see that beast runnindown the road..thats all
Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by Docwinkle
Amen to that.. and i didnt say a cross word against him. i just said it was a shame not to see that beast runnindown the road..thats all
Sorry, but that's just the difference. I would dare say, most "think" of a Jeep as being off-road, not on the highway.

That being said, those saying TJ and CJ, look at many of the built rigs. Tons of them are stretching their wheelbases. Couple that with having a full 4 door Jeep and IT IS THE DEAL to build up.

Honestly, I don't get bashing, even if you say you aren't, it comes across as bashing, because someone chose to spend money a different way than you. I promise, my JK will be a dedicated trail rig in short order (a couple of years or so) and be trailer trash, God willing. It's different strokes, that's all. Guys doing mods like this will be the ones that can provide all kinds of tech help because they are tearing into things so much. I know I have one of the first 4,000 H2s made.

Secondly, it's the first time anyone has personally modded a JK like this. He's the guinea, so help instead of grief would likely be more appreciated.

:rant off:

Old 01-28-2007, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paragon
Secondly, it's the first time anyone has personally modded a JK like this. He's the guinea, so help instead of grief would likely be more appreciated.

:rant off:

that's MY prob with this guy I tried to say something that I thought would "help" but he just got pissed I tried to explain to him (in PM's) tht I was'nt bashing just trying to point something out incase he did'nt notice it....

so here is my take on this, why spend the money for the rubi to build a rig like this when things just wont hold up with that size tire (if you plan on running it like a dedicted trailer/trail rig)...If I was going to build a trail rig I def would have bought a striped down X got some Dana 60's (even junk yard axles) a atlas and then would be set but those axles and gearing just won't cut it with that large of a tire...not to mention a "short" arm kit why bother....but that's just my .02 on how I would do things...

anyway I am done here before people start to think I'm a ass....(or think I'm more of one...LOL..)
Old 01-28-2007, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Outstanding!

Great Job who ever he is, if I had the time, money and talent I would do something like that also. I went on a trail ride this weekend with a bunch, a couple was given me crap about lifting my new JK, they said "you should wait until it's paid off" they shut up when I told them it was paid for and I will do what ever I want to it, it's mine! We all look at the pictures from SEMA, Mags and were ever else but only dream of having a big rig like that to go and tear the hell out of it on the weekend.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

I think the tube exoskeleton is cool. I'd like to have that integrated with the Landrunner roof rack.

Thanks for the caution on the magnet idea. Where can I
get a vinyl star? I guess I could make one probably but I
haven't done crafts since the boy scouts.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:58 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
that's MY prob with this guy I tried to say something that I thought would "help" but he just got pissed I tried to explain to him (in PM's) tht I was'nt bashing just trying to point something out incase he did'nt notice it....

so here is my take on this, why spend the money for the rubi to build a rig like this when things just wont hold up with that size tire (if you plan on running it like a dedicted trailer/trail rig)...If I was going to build a trail rig I def would have bought a striped down X got some Dana 60's (even junk yard axles) a atlas and then would be set but those axles and gearing just won't cut it with that large of a tire...not to mention a "short" arm kit why bother....but that's just my .02 on how I would do things...

anyway I am done here before people start to think I'm a ass....(or think I'm more of one...LOL..)

I agree then, it would be his problem if he can't take constructive criticism.

On the Rubi thing. I've gone back and forth, back and forth. I figure I could get chrome-moly shafts, gears etc to last in the front for the time being. But, there is so much talk about the new D44s.

IF I was going to do a straight trail, trailered rig, I most certainly would get a stripped down TWO WHEELED drive X. That way, less electro to worry with, and less money thrown away. Do the D60s and Atlas and it would be cool as heck.

If you figure, you go spend 8K on a rig, you still would need to put in a decent cage, instead of reinforceing the JKs, and seats and all the little things and still not have a 4 door where you are starting from scratch on the rust meter.

If you have the money, building up a 2WD 4 door X could be fun and end up with a cool crawler. If I was in a different place, moneywise, it would be a huge consideration as everyone I run with are on a minimum of 39"

Quick Reply: Badest JK Ever