Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Badest JK Ever

Old 01-28-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badest JK Ever

Hey guys, I am not sure if anyone has seen this before. He has posted mulitple times on other forums, so I am sure some of you have. For the rest who haven't this is what we have to work for.

"Here is the buildup...all done myself...(and no Im not a jeep shop....and not trying to steal your business) a modified 4" (temporary) Skyjacker suspension in the rear and 7" in the front, RE 5.5 ordered for Jan 29th shipment and Rancho RS9000's going in this week, 38.5 x 16 Super Swampers on 15" Rock Crawler wheels. Stinger is 1.75 DOM .134 wall, exo cage is 1.5 HREW .125 wall, spare tire mount is hinged at the bottom and pined up top to swivel down. Exo cage was design for body damage only, not to support the weight of the Jeep. ICOM tranceiver, Uniden CB, and TomTom GPS. Hardtop sold, interior carpet removed, and Warn 9.5ti with PIAA's up front. K&N intake modified from a Jeep Liberty (all that was avail in Nov.) and glasspack/Magnaflow exhaust. My favorites in order; Rocks, Trails, Snow, Water, mud.....then wife, kids, etc., etc...Jeep is NOT daily driver, towed only."

The BUILD
http://www.egeardirect.com/jk/Build%20Up/

Here is the first trip to Pismo.
http://www.egeardirect.com/jk/pismo/

Next trip to Frank Reines
http://www.egeardirect.com/jk/Frank%20Reines/

This was to Hollister
http://www.egeardirect.com/jk/Hollister/

This is Bear Valley. By now I modified the front suspension 3" higher to level out with the weight of the winch up front. This day I was the camera man so there are only a few pics of my rig.
http://www.egeardirect.com/jk/Bear%20Valley/
Old 01-28-2007, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That guy's Jeep looks really cool and I'm sure it goes great off road, but he says in one post that he can't go over 30 mph without it shaking apart. He trailers it everywhere. I don't have that kind of money to throw at a rig that is strictly for the trails and don't quite get the point of it.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renegade
That guy's Jeep looks really cool and I'm sure it goes great off road, but he says in one post that he can't go over 30 mph without it shaking apart. He trailers it everywhere. I don't have that kind of money to throw at a rig that is strictly for the trails and don't quite get the point of it.
Agreed, you could get an old CJ or something and do the same
Old 01-28-2007, 12:02 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ajburton13
Agreed, you could get an old CJ or something and do the same
And for a lot less money at that too
Old 01-28-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Come on guys stop hatin'. If money was not an object you all know you wouldn't start with a CJ. If it were all about money, we would still have the first Jeep we ever started with, and not all be waiting for our bright shiny new JKs to arrive. I for one am jealous.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

I wanna get a magnetic white star like that for my Jeep Green 4 dr. I think that's cool.

What were all those black tubing runs for? Looks or
some structural purpose?
Old 01-28-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fathomgreencamaro
I wanna get a magnetic white star like that for my Jeep Green 4 dr. I think that's cool.

What were all those black tubing runs for? Looks or
some structural purpose?
Don't do the magnet thing. It is bad for the paint. Just get a vinyl decal, they are easily removed. The cage is for rolling over and fun stuff like that.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

whoa

its like jeeps you see in the sema photos
Old 01-28-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

what ever you do don't say anything bad about that rig in his posts or hell get all pissy and stuff all he wants to hear is good things. I commented to him that he should have taken his time and matched the body lines a little more and it would have looked allot nicer which is true and he got all pissed off. so I just said the hell with him and did'nt look at his posts anymore. but now that I see he can't get over 30mph now I just laugh.

so I do have a question for wolf ,what makes this rig the "badest JK ever" ? is it the under geard and under sized axles ? is it the tube work that dos'nt fallow the body lines ? is it the "modified" lift that makes the rig not be able to drive down the road ?? anyway just courious.....

Last edited by dhoffroad; 01-28-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

the exo skel is cool. i perosnally would have done the front and rear a bit dif( but its his jeep he can what ever toots his horn) But i would never buy a jeep that couldnt handle the road or off. If i where to go that route i'd buy a scorpion frame then go from there. But it is cool in its own right. needs a better lift and some fender mods then down town he could go.

Quick Reply: Badest JK Ever