Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bad ass paint job!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
I doubt it is a wrap, the fenders are done, which require prep and paint. You can't wrap Rubbermaid fenders.
Not even with duct tape
Old 03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toad
Yes you can..anything can be wrapped. If they are using a sahara model, where the fenders are painted smooth, it would make it much easier.
Plus the Jeep is owned by a person in Dubai, where money grows on trees and it rains coins. Seems like the JK's I see from there are pretty expensive rigs. NOTE the Mercedes in the garage in the 2nd pic!

Last edited by armycop; 03-12-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can..anything can be wrapped. If they are using a sahara model, where the fenders are painted smooth, it would make it much easier.
It was a Sahara
Old 03-12-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like an Alien vs Predator theme. Maybe it was done for the new movie they have coming out. Not my style, but still pretty cool.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely it is a wrap. I don't think anyone actually paints on vehicles anymore. Plus, wraps can be removed. I cracked up at the smiley face comment though.

I am going to have to be more carful reading while at work. I laughed so lound that i got several looks.

the smiling faces really offset the horror nicely, now that is funny, and true

Mike
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I very seriously doubt it's a wrap. I drive a wrapped van (for work) and a few ways to spot wraps are places like the contours of the headlights. If it was a wrap, someone went the extra mile to get all the little areas like headlights and the edges of the fenders engineered (loose term) for the art to flow which would probably end up costing more than actual airbrushing. (but of course... it is Dubai!) The door hinges are a give away. Gotta be airbrushed.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

looks like an alienware alx computer.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

As far as whether it is a wrap or not

I think that it is several wraps. The body panels are seperate from the flairs that have just been matched up.

I have seen several wraps lately that are mind blowing. They can be approached just like a custom paint job, Some places just do them better than others.

Mike
Old 03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
AJR
JK Newbie

Jersey...I know what you mean about thinking your Jeep might kill you...

I'm convinced mine is giving me the stink eye right now...I can see it in the parking lot and it looks pissed off...Jeep wants new wheels and tires. It can't deal with being a sad little stocker anymore and it's going to get revenge soon.

Oh and the artwork be it a wrap or full airbrushing is very well done. I wish I could airbrush that well. I should never have given it up. Maybe one of these days I'll get back into proper artwork.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

that paint,wrap what ever it is
ugly!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Bad ass paint job!