Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Backup camer

Old 03-27-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
Those harnesses are plug and play and opens a lot more features than just to add a camera.
What are the other features?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't really all the responses, but aev just came out with one....for $650 LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
With the harness I purchased you can add video monitors and an additional video source. My kid is 14 years old I don't need to entertain him on the road. We had that stuff in the mini van when he was younger.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
there are features for the Lockpick:

NEW PERFORMANCE TIMERS ALLOW YOU TO TRACK YOUR VEHICLE ACCELERATION FROM 0 TO 60 MPH MEASURED IN 100THS OF A SECOND OR MPH REACHED IN 10 SECONDS!!

DVD PLAY WHILE IN MOTION - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

SAT TV ON FRONT SCREEN WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

NAVIGATION ADDRESS INPUT WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

UNLOCK EVEN DEALER BLOCKED VIDEO - EVEN IF YOUR VIDEO BUTTON IS NEVER VISIBLE THE LOCKPICK WILL EXPOSE AND UNBLOCK IT

TURN ON BACKUP REVERSE CAMERA INPUT FOR AFTERMARKET INSTALLATIONS

TURN ON FACTORY REVERSE CAMERA AT ANY TIME, EVEN IN DRIVE IF DESIRED

TURN ON A REAR SEAT BABY CAM AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AUTOMATICALLY BELOW 8MPH TO AID IN PARKING

OPTION BUILT IN FOR TURN SIGNAL CAMS - ACTIVATE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN TURN SIGNAL APPLIED, OR TURN ON LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE CAM MANUALLY AT ANY TIME

TURN ON VES (REAR ENTERTAINMENT MODE) IN NON EQUIPPED VEHICLES - ENABLES A VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUT FOR YOUR IPOD, IPHONE, COMPUTER, OR VIDEO GAME

AUX INS UNLOCKED IN VES EQUIPPED VEHICLES WHILE IN DRIVE

UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON CAPABLE NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A FACTORY MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO
bullet
NO SWITCHES TO ADD - USES FACTORY TOUCH SCREEN AND RADIO BUTTONS AND STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS

NO LOSS OF NAVIGATION USE WHILE UNLOCKED - VOICE COMMANDS AND MAP TRACKING UNAFFECTED - EVEN WHILE VIDEO IS VIEWED

ACC POWER OUTPUT PROVIDED FOR YOUR AFTERMARKET POWER NEEDS - TURNS OFF WHEN YOUR CAR TURNS OFF

ALLGIG harnesses by NAV-TV I cannot get a clear def on what they unlock?
Old 03-28-2014, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great advertisement ToolMan do you sell lockpic or just install. Lots on neat toys included...
Old 03-28-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

NAV-TV and Lock pick are a waste of money if you are just seeking a reverse camera.

Read the thread that was linked on the first page, everything you need to purchase is in that thread. A harness that is $30ish and a camera of your choosing $10-$60 depending on the one you want. Then go to dealer and they can flash your radio with the sales code, if you ask nicely or ask when your in for other service they usually do it for free.

Here is the link so you do not have to go back
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...camera-295039/

I ended up going with a flush mount camera and mounted it right in the rear bumper under the tire.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Buy this harness

PAC CHYRVD Rear Video Retention Cable For Select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Vehicles

Buy a camera of your choice, I bought this one:

Amazon.com: Gino 1/4" CCD Flush Mount Waterproof Truck Car Reverse Backup Rear View Camera: Car Electronics

you will also need a adapter like this:

Robot Check

Found that part out after I ordered everything, quick trip to radio shack and I was good to go.

After installing and tapping off either tail light for power (info in thread linked above) go to the dealer and have them activate the following:

PARK VIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA VEHICLE CONFIGURATION

Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using
the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below:

1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter the vehicle VIN
and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option”.
3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the
vehicle, follow the steps below:
4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.
5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera vehicle
configuration.
6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation Process to
verify that the vehicle has been updated.

Total cost would be under $100 if dealer activates for free.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GADozer
Great advertisement ToolMan do you sell lockpic or just install. Lots on neat toys included...
No affiliation. Just installed one on my 2010 4 years ago and have had zero issues, like the fact I can change gps info on the fly, and have in flight movies play for my little one. Bought harness on eBay for way under what full retail is. (Makes you wonder)

Last edited by ToolManTimTaylor; 03-28-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default Flush mount in the bumper...

My 10th anniversary comes with the AEV bumper so I just flushed mounted the camera in the middle and put in two backup sensors so the wife would quit hitting stuff. The only issue I have had with the sensors is they have such a wide view angle the spare tire sets them off. Right now it’s ok because I am still in Afghanistan, but when I return it will be my first priority…
Old 03-31-2014, 02:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Divi
Buy this harness

PAC CHYRVD Rear Video Retention Cable For Select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Vehicles

Buy a camera of your choice, I bought this one:

Amazon.com: Gino 1/4" CCD Flush Mount Waterproof Truck Car Reverse Backup Rear View Camera: Car Electronics

you will also need a adapter like this:

Robot Check

Found that part out after I ordered everything, quick trip to radio shack and I was good to go.

After installing and tapping off either tail light for power (info in thread linked above) go to the dealer and have them activate the following:

PARK VIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA VEHICLE CONFIGURATION

Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using
the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below:

1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter the vehicle VIN
and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option”.
3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the
vehicle, follow the steps below:
4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.
5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera vehicle
configuration.
6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation Process to
verify that the vehicle has been updated.

Total cost would be under $100 if dealer activates for free.
This will be my next mod. Thx for parts list.

Quick Reply: Backup camer