Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Baby born on hood of my Jeep!

Old 06-10-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a cool experience!!!
Nice JK BTW!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by robin
cool story, I'm not sure I agree with fishing rays
please. Do share.

Personally, I like sharks and rays...though I've never purposefully caught a ray, and this is the first I have kept.

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Do ya'll eat Rays or??
Yes. They are quite tasty.
I don't keep anything I don't plan on eating.
Unfortunately, the meat was no good on this one....and will be saved for bait on the next shark trip.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

The birth is called "Spontaneous Abortion", the mother fearing death will abort in an effort for the species to survive.

I once caught a big ray at night and as we were bringing her to shore we cut off her tail, once we cut the tail the mother started aborting her babies. I picked the two babies and placed them back in the water and they both swam off.... momma was eaten! This took place at San Luis Pass (Galveston Island, TX)

By the way Almighty.... I was down at San Luis Pass yesterday for a while, headed into Galveston and just happened to see your Jeep sitting across from the seawall somewhere (can't remember where I seen it)... if it were not for that unusual snorkel you have I would not have noticed that your Jeep was the one I seen.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trodery
The birth is called "Spontaneous Abortion", the mother fearing death will abort in an effort for the species to survive.

I once caught a big ray at night and as we were bringing her to shore we cut off her tail, once we cut the tail the mother started aborting her babies. I picked the two babies and placed them back in the water and they both swam off.... momma was eaten! This took place at San Luis Pass (Galveston Island, TX)

By the way Almighty.... I was down at San Luis Pass yesterday for a while, headed into Galveston and just happened to see your Jeep sitting across from the seawall somewhere (can't remember where I seen it)... if it were not for that unusual snorkel you have I would not have noticed that your Jeep was the one I seen.
Cool first post! Welcome to the forum.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

That is some weird, wild shit right there. Sweet pictures Crash
Old 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by trodery

Welcome to the forum, trodery!

lol....what came on shore and ate momma?
This also was @ San Luis Pass where I caught the ray.
I can imagine how big yours must have been...mine only had one baby.

My Jeep is almost always parked on the seawall between 10th and 11th streets in front of Aasylum Tattoo. Stop by anytime to visit. I always like to meet new Jeepers. If its before 2pm and the Jeep is out front......Im probably out on the rock pier, fishing.

Crash

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 06-11-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

Welcome to the forum, trodery!

lol....what came on shore and ate momma?
This also was @ San Luis Pass where I caught the ray.
I can imagine how big yours must have been...mine only had one baby.

My Jeep is almost always parked on the seawall between 10th and 11th streets in front of Aasylum Tattoo. Stop by anytime to visit. I always like to meet new Jeepers. If its before 2pm and the Jeep is out front......Im probably out on the rock pier, fishing.

Crash
LOL...My friends and I ate momma

I started to turn around and come look at that snorkel but I was headed for the ferry boat, I'll stop by sometime to say howdy... I go to SLP at least once a week or so, mostly on the weekends.

I'll be at the beach tomorrow for a gathering from another forum i frequent quite often, since you are a fisherman you should check it out (there are many people from our area on the forum) www.2coolfishing.com If you got nothing better to do come on out! http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...d.php?t=278203
Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

She had given birth to a baby ray with a wingspan of around 13"! We tried rushing the baby to the water and move water into its gills, but no luck.
So you killed the momma ray and the newborn ray?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

crash im goin to the beach tomoro and the rest of the week we will see if this is an occurance for all jeeps
Old 06-12-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
So you killed the momma ray and the newborn ray?
took momma home to eat, not sure baby ever lived outside of momma.
But to answer your question: Unfortunately, yes.
Had I know she was gravid when I reeled her in, I would have released them.

Originally Posted by Millerman999
crash im goin to the beach tomoro and the rest of the week we will see if this is an occurance for all jeeps
it may take more than a week. lol.
mine is parked at the beach every day.

Quick Reply: Baby born on hood of my Jeep!