Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

axle is a little bent....

Old 06-21-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered new axle houseing (will have it tue)and I am going to sleeve it with the EVO 44 Magnum Sealed JK Axle Sleeves ....

If EVO can get them to me by next week??? will call them on mon. morn if they have them in stock they are loc. in CA and I'm in AZ so should be good to go....

Then just swap eveything over ...

I wish I had money to do gears too right now

Any way thats the plan
Old 06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azrockzuk
I just ordered new axle houseing (will have it tue)and I am going to sleeve it with the EVO 44 Magnum Sealed JK Axle Sleeves ....

If EVO can get them to me by next week??? will call them on mon. morn if they have them in stock they are loc. in CA and I'm in AZ so should be good to go....

Then just swap eveything over ...

I wish I had money to do gears too right now

Any way thats the plan
Just say this thread. Thats pretty hardcore.

We have the 44 magnums in stock. Give us call.

Mel
Old 06-21-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

so I need Sleeves and gussets (esp since I've got D30), now to find a good welder . . . . hehe, and uh no sand dunes in MS
Old 06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know much about solid axles (I mostly work on my Hummer h1)... but, isn't it impossible to drive on a bent axle. You have a cylinder with a shaft going through it, how could it rotate if it was bent. Without looking underneath, I would say the tie rod is bent, the centerlink is bent, or the steering pump, idler arm, or pitman are loose, or the end of the mounts at the end of the axle are bent. I think those are the first things to break in a jump. I think it would have to be a pretty huge jump to bend the shaft and the other stuff to be good. Also, with that big a jump, your wheel would likely snap off at the hub. Tie rods bend easy.... ask me how I know...

IF, what I mentioned is broken, its a simple repair, just a hundred or so bucks....
Old 06-21-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doctoroctos
I don't know much about solid axles (I mostly work on my Hummer h1)... but, isn't it impossible to drive on a bent axle. You have a cylinder with a shaft going through it, how could it rotate if it was bent. Without looking underneath, I would say the tie rod is bent, the centerlink is bent, or the steering pump, idler arm, or pitman are loose, or the end of the mounts at the end of the axle are bent. I think those are the first things to break in a jump. I think it would have to be a pretty huge jump to bend the shaft and the other stuff to be good. Also, with that big a jump, your wheel would likely snap off at the hub. Tie rods bend easy.... ask me how I know...

IF, what I mentioned is broken, its a simple repair, just a hundred or so bucks....
Uh, his c's are seriously bent, there is a u-joint at the axle that would still let the axle turn, even if the c's are bent. I think your not on the right trk, other stuff may be bent, but it's not causing the bend in the pics.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evolution

Mel
Thanks mel......

I will call ya mon morn. thanks for your help...

Chad Bellis
Scottsdale, AZ
Old 06-21-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just looking at it the axle houseing is bent....

To be honest the C's look good...

I did have the Off Road Evolution Evo Front Control Arm Skids and Off Road Evolution Evo C2 Axle Gussets

The weld are not cracked and the gussets held up great...

It still drives stright belive it or not... but the pass inner axle is rubbing againt the houseing and ripped the seal so it leaks gear oil..

I drove it all the way home from Mexico(4hours) like this !!!!

Here is a picture of it before the bend....

Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evolution

Mel
Thanks, Mel and Lisa

I called today for the EVO 44 Magnum Sealed JK Axle Sleeves and they are sending them out today GREAT customer service....

Thanks,
Chad Bellis
Old 06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

will be putting these in the new houseing on mon. and getting the jeep back on the road...

Hope they hold up in next trip to mexico

Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sleeve is way thinker than I imagined. Looks great.

Quick Reply: axle is a little bent....