Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Awesome performance improvement...

Old 11-01-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome performance improvement...

So I had a RIPP SuperCharger fitted. Sure, I would have liked a Hemi but cost was simply prohibitive for me.

Just after a week, I am happy to report that I love the much improved performance. The engine is now properly responsive and has ample go in it.

Just need (it's more want than need) to get a boost gauge fitted now and fly some Prestone washer fluid into the UK...

And finally, RIPP's customer support is outstanding! Well done RIPP and thanks.

Before the RIPP install the JK was great off-road and disappointing on-road because of its lacklustre performance. Now that's sorted, I absolutely love it!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats great ! yeah its worth getting a boost gage ....I also have a RIPP supercharger and i love it makes driving the jk with 37's alote easier and much more enjoyable and fun , yes i agree their customer support is the best ! highly recommended
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the performance on the low end with the auto?

Good to see another 3.8 happy owner!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome - no problem - and thanks

RIPPTECH
Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear you are lovin your RIPP! This is still the way I am plannin on burning some cash, too...I just can't justify the hemi, I'm afraid...and it seems like everyone who gets the SC is plenty satisfied!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

You guys are right about great support and being happy with the power. Running on 38" with stock 4:11 and it is still impressive. Mine was bought used from a guy on our forum and they know at Ripp I didn't buy it from them and they don't care.

In case you haven't heard they are working on a aftercooler for it and some headers which should lead to a stage II kit.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

I am waiting for an aftercooler or intercooler setup for this SC, good to hear it is comming. That was the biggest problem with my SC Rx-7 was there was no way of cooling the charge other than water injection
Old 11-05-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webekd

In case you haven't heard they are working on a aftercooler for it and some headers which should lead to a stage II kit.
Interesting! will have to keep an eye out for details about this - can't say I know a whole lot about that. I DO know I have some time before I need to worry about it!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by webekd
You guys are right about great support and being happy with the power. Running on 38" with stock 4:11 and it is still impressive. Mine was bought used from a guy on our forum and they know at Ripp I didn't buy it from them and they don't care.

As far as we're concerned, that's our product and we are damn proud of it - if we can keep it running for another client to own and enjoy we are glad to help - There are clients running our import program over 150k miles - that's what a $5k item should deliver....so why not help the next guy?

Yes - Front Mount Air to Air intercooling (FMIC) has been being tested for about 2 months now - there will be a results and unveiling as soon as production pieces hit the shop - its all good.

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: Awesome performance improvement...