Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Aussie Locker Installed!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by captsam54
Anti spin Differential rear axle.. I am assuming that it is the trac loc??

From what I can gather?? Am I wrong??
Yes you have must have Trac-Lok (Limited Slip) not a "Locker" in the rear, you through me off because you have "Locker" in your Signiture. Well, "LOCK" the front with an "AUSSIE" you'll be set.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Yes you have must have Trac-Lok (Limited Slip) not a "Locker" in the rear, you through me off because you have "Locker" in your Signiture. Well, "LOCK" the front with an "AUSSIE" you'll be set.
Is the trac loc that I have as good as an "Aussie Locker" in the rear, so i don't need to replace it but just add an "Aussie" to the ft.??
Old 05-20-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by captsam54
Is the trac loc that I have as good as an "Aussie Locker" in the rear, so i don't need to replace it but just add an "Aussie" to the ft.??
No, Limited Slip Vs Full Locker, totally different. Locked is Locked(both Axel's), Limited Slip means exactly what it say's. That's why I locked the front with an Aussie, and left my Rear Limited Slip alone(for now). Mighjt put an OX Locker in rear in the future, but this package oughta be more than just fine for right now.(Getter Done). I'll try all this out at CampJeep July26-28 in Va.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ruskin
For a quick / cost effective off road fix, I'm sold that the Aussie is the answer for my front D30. I have an X w/LSD rear.

What's the true impact on the street of this mod? I've read the posts, but "barely noticed" isn't very descriptive. Is it just audiable, "if you try to listen for it, you can hear it", or is there some physical effect in normal driving/tight turning? Thanks.

I hear "Nothing" yet, & I' tried yesterday with window's down, but the "NAM" caused me some serious ear trouble. The only time I feel it, is when I make a rear tight turn i.e.(parking) you'll feel it in your steering wheel, but nothing to cause any alarm..
Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
No, Limited Slip Vs Full Locker, totally different. Locked is Locked(both Axel's), Limited Slip means exactly what it say's. That's why I locked the front with an Aussie, and left my Rear Limited Slip alone(for now). Mighjt put an OX Locker in rear in the future, but this package oughta be more than just fine for right now.(Getter Done). I'll try all this out at CampJeep July26-28 in Va.
OK, Thanks.. I wait to hear how you did.. I PM'd you the question you just answered for me..!!!

Leaving the rear to slip and locking the ft's ought to work well for me..

Quick Reply: Aussie Locker Installed!