Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Aussie Locker Installed!

Old 05-19-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aussie Locker Installed!

Well, its finally done. A friend and I installed the Aussie Locker into my front Dana 30 today. We were both a little nervous about doing it, but once it was done we realised just how easy it was. Just about anyone can do this install.

So far it seems to work. Can't wait to try it on the trails.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Sweet, How hard was it?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jared1843
...but once it was done we realised just how easy it was. Just about anyone can do this install.
Originally Posted by FRDesign
Sweet, How hard was it?

Have...
to...
not...
respond with...
smart ass...
comment...
Uh... I'm thinking it was so easy that "just about anyone can do it."
Sorry, couldn't keep it in.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

Well, its finally done. A friend and I installed the Aussie Locker into my front Dana 30 today. We were both a little nervous about doing it, but once it was done we realised just how easy it was. Just about anyone can do this install.

So far it seems to work. Can't wait to try it on the trails.

Nice install Jared, I just had one installed last Monday, I chicken out & had a guy install mine. Are you running an (LS) rear D44 or are you open, if your open are you planning on running any locker in rear. Really don't know what I[m planning for my rear yet.(I'm not open in rear).

Front Aussie is driving pretty unnoticeable on street so far. Real tight turn you know it's there
Old 05-20-2007, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a reason why the call these lunch box lockers
Old 05-20-2007, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Naive questions....

Do you actuate these lockers somehow,
like on the Rubi? Or are they always "on".

If you had them installed both front and back,
how would they compare to a Rubi's?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, i'm LSD in the rear D44. Although, i'm a little concerned about that rear diff. We also installed a SOLID diff cover on the 44 and it sure looked like a basic open carrier to me. Hope DC didn't screw me.... I'll be posting up a picture later to get opinions.

Someday I plan on getting a new carrier for the 44 and installing a selectable locker. Probably an OX, but this setup should do quite well for a while.

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Nice install Jared, I just had one installed last Monday, I chicken out & had a guy install mine. Are you running an (LS) rear D44 or are you open, if your open are you planning on running any locker in rear. Really don't know what I[m planning for my rear yet.(I'm not open in rear).

Front Aussie is driving pretty unnoticeable on street so far. Real tight turn you know it's there
Old 05-20-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeffmarion
There is a reason why the call these lunch box lockers
Ok, now that you got that out of the way, you have any plans for your Rear or are you going to just Lock the front....
Old 05-20-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Yep, i'm LSD in the rear D44. Although, i'm a little concerned about that rear diff. We also installed a SOLID diff cover on the 44 and it sure looked like a basic open carrier to me. Hope DC didn't screw me.... I'll be posting up a picture later to get opinions.

Someday I plan on getting a new carrier for the 44 and installing a selectable locker. Probably an OX, but this setup should do quite well for a while.
"OX" would be a nice touch for the rear, I'v'e also been looking at "OX"....so you actually think your rear is open, I installed a Rockcrusher and really didn't look hard enough at the carrier setup, now you have thinking . I think your right on though, with this setup, you oughtta be just fine....
Old 05-20-2007, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dumb question time... Do you lose any gas mileage with lockers that are full time?

Quick Reply: Aussie Locker Installed!