Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Atlas 4speed install questions

Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the opportunity to test the TC switch values on 2 (4:1) cases this morning. Both of them tested out as follows.

2H = Open
4H = Open
N = Open
4L = 61 Ohm

It looks like the information on Atlas's web site is correct. When the atlas shows up, I'll look into installing a micro switch on the shifters to activate the 66Ohm when I shift into Low.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patxi12
Seer1

My computer skills are limited, so I do not know how to put here a diagram. Also excuse my english, I live in Monterrey Mexico.

But let me tell you what a I did .

I got the Atlas adapter for my 4SP TC and it did not work, then I installed the sugested 33+33 ohms in the line, and it worked in 4low, but I had a flashing light in my intrument panel, with a DTC .

I took out the sensor (swicht ) from my original TC and I found that there are 4 different resistance values, as you push the sensor simulating 2H, 4H, N, and 4L, in 2H shows 220 ohms, and in 4L shows 62 ohms.

So I simulated this situation with a manual two throw switch, and two resistances one is 33+33 = 66 ohms, and the second I think is 210 instead of 220 ohms.

Then I took the two line that goes from the ECU to the 4sp TC sensor, and from one line I connected in paralell the two resistances, then each one to one of the two inputs of the two throw switch, and from the output of the manual swicht to the other line that goes to the ECU

So now I can select from my manual switch in my dash two positions, one with a resistance equivalent to the 2H (220ohms) and the other to 4L ( 66 ohms), and send this information to the ECU . Nothing to do with the Transfer Case. So when I am in an off road situation I can have the 4L signal to the ECU any time that I want, or 2H without a flashing light .

If you need more information please let me know
can anyone draw up a wiring diagram of the above, I get a little lost here...

"Then I took the two line that goes from the ECU to the 4sp TC sensor, and from one line I connected in paralell the two resistances, then each one to one of the two inputs of the two throw switch, and from the output of the manual swicht to the other line that goes to the ECU"
thanks
greg
Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KenB1010
I had the opportunity to test the TC switch values on 2 (4:1) cases this morning. Both of them tested out as follows.

2H = Open
4H = Open
N = Open
4L = 61 Ohm

It looks like the information on Atlas's web site is correct. When the atlas shows up, I'll look into installing a micro switch on the shifters to activate the 66Ohm when I shift into Low.
I have not done this myself and i am not trying to start a debate but i dont think that 4H would be open. the jeep in 4H has the abilit to turn off ESP when you hold the button. This dosnt happen in 2H i would assume that somehow the jeep knows 4H and 2H.

i'm just giving an idea or suggestion not saying your wrong but sometimes ideas dont hurt.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
I have not done this myself and i am not trying to start a debate but i dont think that 4H would be open. the jeep in 4H has the abilit to turn off ESP when you hold the button. This dosnt happen in 2H i would assume that somehow the jeep knows 4H and 2H.

i'm just giving an idea or suggestion not saying your wrong but sometimes ideas dont hurt.
Go to post #26 in this thread. Paxti12 has some great info there.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Yeti

I purchased a 4 speed atlas and EVO did the install for me a few months ago. I purchased it with Atlas's low-speed switch that ties the ECU into the low range side of the Tcase. This setup didn't work well for my application as it only works in low range. I need to use this to work with the planetary as well as the H-L range.

To accomplish this I removed the wiring harness from the Tcase and ran it to a switch inside of the jeep. in the off position (2H) is 1100 Ohms or resistance. On position is 63 Ohms of resistance. The on position turns traction control off, allows use of lockers, sway bar, and does throttle mapping.

**h**p://www.advanceadapters.com/downloads/300378X.pdf
I used the wiring diagram found here and replaced the shift indicator switch with an on/off switch located inside the jeep.

So the long answer to your question is that I use the switch to send the ECU either 1100 Ohms or 63 Ohms depending on my needs.

Last edited by KenB1010; 10-12-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Atlas 4speed install questions