Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Atlas 4 speed

Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdude3
well I have the X so it has the 2.73 low...which suchs with a stick!! thats why i was wondering it it would be worth the 10.34 with the 6 spd.
If I had the 10:1 I'd never get the jeep stopped! Or at least my brain would need retraining to get the jeep stopped. Now I put out a little more torque than average and the brakes do stopped the jeep, but I have to stand on them and they complain the entire time.

I would try to drive one with 10:1 before you commit. 5.44 is real low already. I can't imagine 10:1

Good luck on your decision. I hate making the big ones.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only guy i know that has a Atlas 4 spd. is Seer1, but he is about 6 to 7 hours south west of me, but he has the 5.44, but it would give me an idea tho.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
If I had the 10:1 I'd never get the jeep stopped! Or at least my brain would need retraining to get the jeep stopped. Now I put out a little more torque than average and the brakes do stopped the jeep, but I have to stand on them and they complain the entire time.

I would try to drive one with 10:1 before you commit. 5.44 is real low already. I can't imagine 10:1

i cant imagine a crawl ratio like that.

with my 5.13's and 37's. I'm not sure I would want it that much slower.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rcdude3
well I have the X so it has the 2.73 low...which suchs with a stick!! thats why i was wondering it it would be worth the 10.34 with the 6 spd.

With the 10.34, 5.13, 37's, 6 spd. final drive crawl ratio in 1st is 898.99.
Crawl speed at idle 1st gear is 8 FEET PER MINUTE!!
pretty much one tire revolution.

With 5.44, 5.13, 37's, 6 spd., final drive ratio in 1st is 472.97.
Crawl speed at idle 1st gear is 15 FEET PER MINUTE.
Originally Posted by Piginajeep
i cant imagine a crawl ratio like that.

with my 5.13's and 37's. I'm not sure I would want it that much slower.
Here is the numbers pigina.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy

I hear that. I usually throw it into neutral. One time was getting pretty close to the edge of a cliff and took a second or two to figure out why I was still moving. I finally installed an Alpha-1 brake kit. I know there's a lot of folk out there who aren't fans of drilled and slotted rotors, but I don't do much mud so they work pretty good for me.

"The only guy i know that has a Atlas 4 spd. is Seer1, but he is about 6 to 7 hours south west of me, but he has the 5.44, but it would give me an idea tho."

Holycross is at about the top of the list for me, but that probably won't happen until next summer. The passes here are also closed for the winter, but if you make it down here we'll find somewhere south to have some fun.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
"The only guy i know that has a Atlas 4 spd. is Seer1, but he is about 6 to 7 hours south west of me, but he has the 5.44, but it would give me an idea tho."

Holycross is at about the top of the list for me, but that probably won't happen until next summer. The passes here are also closed for the winter, but if you make it down here we'll find somewhere south to have some fun.
yeah we can do that...maybe by then i will have my lift.

Quick Reply: Atlas 4 speed