Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Atlas 4 speed

Old 07-10-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to point out that my electrics on the Atlas are way different than seer1's. My reduction housing will not shift in Drive. (It's wired to the ignition safety) It will shift If I'm moving, that's a no no. My Atlas turns the ESP by itself.

My switch quit working after the fuse blew. I'm still looking the option of removing the electric shifter, but I don't like any of the places I've seen the mounted yet. I want it easy to reach and operate, but at the same time out of the way.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
My Atlas turns the ESP by itself.
That's cool. I finally got that worked out by putting in a toggle switch.

"My switch quit working after the fuse blew. I'm still looking the option of removing the electric shifter, but I don't like any of the places I've seen the mounted yet. I want it easy to reach and operate, but at the same time out of the way. "

Someone put a lever in between the parking brake lever and the driver's seat. Looked good in that spot. Atlas offered to trade me out for a lever when I was going through my problems. I turned it down as it would have been too much of an overhaul to go through at the time. I was tired of lying on a cold garage floor. At this point, I think it's a wash now although I still wouldn't use the switch Atlas sends.

Hey Edive, how did you figure out the wiring for the ignition safety? I couldn't find anything under the console that did that so I wired in a relay to a switched source that only clicks in when the ignition's turned off.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
Hey Edive, how did you figure out the wiring for the ignition safety? I couldn't find anything under the console that did that so I wired in a relay to a switched source that only clicks in when the ignition's turned off.
Oh, you're asking the wrong person. I did not do any of it and I have a 545RFE.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Sorry haven't been following thread. I will try and post a picture of the seat lever mount on the 4sp. Its really easy, just reach down and shift it. It's between your legs and doesn't stick out very far at all. Mel at Offroad Evolution is the genious who put it there. He has his there as well and its very pleasing to the eye getting in. He set it up. You hardly notice it at all. I have trouble shifting it from nuetral to low. Very hard to get into gear. but I only have about 500 miles on it.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I gott a gret one of these!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default rubicrawler - slight change needed

If they would increase the ratio from 1/2.72 to 1.1/2.72. That would allow us with 3.72's get roughly 4.10's out of our daily driver plus the off-road updgrade.

For those of you with 4.10's you would get 4.5's. If they went to 1.2/2.72 it may be to much of an increase for the daily driver, but I could live with turning my 3.72's into 4.46's.

Do I hear gas savings?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Can we see a pic of this?

Its really handy. Never has it been hit into a different gear there. Mel at EVO installed it there and I love it. Just reach down and shift it. High to low.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

That is a nifty setup. I saw another that was similar, but at the time I couldn't fugure out the picture. All said and done, I wouldn't hesitate now to go with either setup. Just have to keep in mind that the bracket may have to be altered and the switch will need to be changed out if you get the electric switch. Edive, did you ever get a new switch for yours?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
Edive, did you ever get a new switch for yours?
No, not yet. I still have new parts I haven't had time to install. So now I just keep a lot of extra fuses.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Junkie

No, not yet. I still have new parts I haven't had time to install. So now I just keep a lot of extra fuses.
Better'n rollin' underneath to shift it by hand.

Quick Reply: Atlas 4 speed