Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Atlas 4 speed

Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlas 4 speed

Well it lasted way more than 3 times, but my electronic switch for the atlas just died . Atleast it died while it was in hi, I cold not imagine trying to drive home in low. have they fixed this yet? If you did the cable, have any pics? Seer1? I found one, but I did not like the location between the door and drivers seat. Thanks.

Last edited by eDiveBuddy; 06-24-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
Well it lasted way more than 3 times, but my electronic switch for the atlas just died . Atleast it died while it was in hi, I cold not imagine trying to drive home in low. have they fixed this yet? If you did thee cable, have any pics? Seer1? I found one, but I did not like the location between the door and drivers seat. Thanks.
Hey Edive, thanks for the info on the torque wrench by the way. First off, are you sure it's the switch? I found my bracket was drilled off enough that it would barely go into low. I would adjust it as far as it could go and it would work for 5-6 shifts. Then the bracket would slip just far enough that it wouldn't throw the lever into low. I finally pulled it off and re-drilled it so I could adjust the throw more in the middle.

Now onto the switch, yeah they send you a piece of crap. How much did you spend on the T/C and they give you a 10 cent switch to make it work. I didn't want to reverse engineer to put a lever in so I put in a different switch setup. It's a power switch feeding into a on-off-on switch. You can see it on the right of the panel.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

I'll check the bracket. I was a little hung over, yesterday, so i did not get under the Jeep. I'm pretty sure it's the switch or the wiring, it makes no noise.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

I've been there on that hangover thing. If it's the bracket (according to Thean they corrected them later on) it'll shift one way but not the other.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKDoc
I can drop easily into low range with either front or rear shifter at times but at other times it takes several tries and a bit of finagling with the clutch and transmission. Upshifts to high go more smoothly.
My experience is the same. Nowhere near as hard as it was 6 months ago, but nowhere near easy yet. But I only get to take it out maybe twice a month. Maybe I'll try to shift a couple hundred times the next timeout.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

the lever broke on my atlas. had to replace the little pin with a bigger one. I was stuck in Moab in Low.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HolyMolyRacing
the lever broke on my atlas. had to replace the little pin with a bigger one. I was stuck in Moab in Low.
So the lever isn't the perfect fix either.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Any pictures of the lever? I am looking into the 4sp now and have to choose between the switch and the lever.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKDoc
Here is a link to a 4 speed installed on ASTAR's Jeep. He has been banned but the pictures are still up. They may help you.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=speed+atlas

And an answer to previously asked question in other threads is the stock transfer case skid plate fits perfectly without doing any modification to the Jeep (body lift, new mounts, etc.). At least on the 2 speed. A body lift might help that pesky switch?
A quality switch would help the pesky switch problem. Astar put his third shift lever under the seat. Didn't work for me. I saw a picture of one somewhere where they placed it between the emergency brake lever and the driver's seat. I talked with Thean about them putting it with the other two levers like the Stak. He agreed that it was a good location, but said it would require cutting the console and they didn't want to ask people to do that. I don't know, you're changing out the heart of your 4x4, but won't make a 2X1" cut in the console?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Then put in a Rubicrawler on top of that. You'd never be bored while stuck in traffic again.

Quick Reply: Atlas 4 speed