Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

ARB deluxe front bumper, Warn X9000i

Old 03-31-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARB deluxe front bumper, Warn X9000i

Bit the bullet today on a bumper and winch. I really like both. Briefly considered a stubby rockcrawler bumper, but the fact is I need something that will push a deer off the road, not let me drive over the top of it. Couldn't be more happy with the design and workmanship of this bumper. It was a tough choice but I've always liked the bull bar design for a full-width.

This is my second X9000i winch; the first one served me well for 9 years and paid for itself multiple times. So I figured that if I only did one mod this year, this should be it. (Still saving up for a lift though!)

Yes, there is a noticeable amount of weight up front, but it wasn't as pronounced as I thought it would be. I may still add a 1/2 in. spacer to bring the nose up a bit, not sure yet. Might just drive it for now until I can do the lift and 35's.

Enough tell...

Last edited by dustdriver; 03-31-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice selection. I went on the cheap and ordered the front Rockbar and newly designed rear ARB for mine. This will be my second front ARB bumper. Had one on my TJ and it ended up with only a few scratches after someone turned into me. The other party didn't fair as well. They ended up with a dented bumper, fender, hood, and door. Where in Oregon are you located?
Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

Thats a great look,,, MAN I need to get my winch.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. Yeah I had this same model winch on a Warn rockcrawler bumper on my TJ (also a good combo IMO). I think I'm going to add a TF leveling kit for now, until I can do the full lift & regear later.

I'm in Portland atm but travel and work in E. Oregon often. Lots of deer/elk/cows/logtrucks on the roads there.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dustdriver
Bit the bullet today on a bumper and winch. I really like both. Briefly considered a stubby rockcrawler bumper, but the fact is I need something that will push a deer off the road, not let me drive over the top of it. Couldn't be more happy with the design and workmanship of this bumper. It was a tough choice but I've always liked the bull bar design for a full-width.

This is my second X9000i winch; the first one served me well for 9 years and paid for itself multiple times. So I figured that if I only did one mod this year, this should be it. (Still saving up for a lift though!)

Yes, there is a noticeable amount of weight up front, but it wasn't as pronounced as I thought it would be. I may still add a 1/2 in. spacer to bring the nose up a bit, not sure yet. Might just drive it for now until I can do the lift and 35's.

Enough tell...

AWESOME. This is the exact set up I want. Do you mind taking a shot from the side on level ground so I can see how much front end drops?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Many people are using stock springs up front from a 4.0 TJ to compensate for the added weight of a front bumper and winch as they are a stiffer spring rate then JK springs. That will help give you some handling, height back, and help from botteming out.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would still love to see a side shot of this to see how much bumper/winch moved front down.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

looks great! i like how it matches up to the flares.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WavetheWheat
Would still love to see a side shot of this to see how much bumper/winch moved front down.
Sorry for the delay, been storm camping all weekend and just got back.

I will try to get a side shot posted soon. The TJ coil is a good idea, but I went and ordered a TF leveling kit and will try the 1" coil spacers for now.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I am very jealous of your bumper/winch.

If you feel comfortable would you mind giving me an idea of your budget for the whole process

Bumper
Winch
Spacers

Anything else?

Quick Reply: ARB deluxe front bumper, Warn X9000i