Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AParsh's 2013 White JKU MOAB Build Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AParsh's 2013 White JKU MOAB Build Thread

So i just picked up my 2013 JKU MOAB last week and couldn't be happier. This thread is to document the mods I do.
I purposely got the MOAB edition because I loved everything in the package and didnt need all the extra rock crawling stuff that comes with the Rubi.
My plans with this JKU are to take it camping for fishing, hiking, and mountain biking with my Fiance and my Dog. She's a 50lb white samoyed (the dog!).

So far i have installed the Volant Intake + Throttle Body Spacer & Gibson dual exhaust (Axle back, black color). Also added the Quadratec rear cargo mat to keep the back easy to clean.

Have a few things to install this weekend - MORE Dead pedal, wheel locks, Driver & Passenger under seat locking storage, replacement front tweeters (JL Audio), and an Allen 4 bike rear bike rack that slides into the tow hitch.

In the mail I have a few things coming as well - JW Speaker 8700 Evolution headlights, JW Speaker 6145 fog lights, gray wet okole neoprene seat covers.

I'm also planning to install the Wild Boar fastback hardtop next week, their production warehouse is only 1 mile from my work.

At the moment I have no desire to change any suspension or wheels/tires. I like the way it sits right now and how it looks at that height.

I'll add pictures as i install things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MOAB.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	491350

Thanks!

Alex

Last edited by AParsh; 08-24-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Here is the Volant Intake. I got the throttle body spacer, which i assume is complete BS, but it was free....so yeah. Easy install while im putting the intake kit on.
I know the HP claims are BS on the intake too, but i just wanted the sound.
Install took about 30 min without directions. Pretty easy.

Name:	F5A5G4nh.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	680008

Here is the Gibson Exhaust. It's a pretty basic axle back muffler replacement. I like the sound and the look. I actually turned the tips upside down because i think it looks better that way. It's not really perfectly straight, i need to get a buddy to stand behind it while i move it around on the hangers, but it's fine for now.

Name:	S9RAw8Oh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	680009

This is the Quadratec rear cargo mat. I thought this would be great because i put my dog back here and she sheds like crazy, so i can just take this thing out and wash it off.

Name:	S1g4eibh.jpg
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	680010

Here are a few shots. Trivia....What television show was filmed in the 2 story house behind my MOAB to the left w/ white fence? If you are keeping up with the current season of Dexter (season 8) you will notice that Dr. Vogel (sp?) lives in my house, but they painted it a shade of pink for the show.

Name:	eJ3S05Uh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	680011

Name:	GST1TfSh.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	680012

Last edited by AParsh; 08-24-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

Nice looking rig.

Quick Reply: AParsh's 2013 White JKU MOAB Build Thread