Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anyone running the RockKrawler Coilover Kit?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the RockKrawler Coilover Kit?

Just wondering. When I plan on doing my upgrades, this may be an option, but havent seen a lot of them in action.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

I don't think I have seen anyone with a Rock Krawler coil over kit, but I would be interested in trying them out. Just don't have the coin.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Robar
I don't think I have seen anyone with a Rock Krawler coil over kit, but I would be interested in trying them out. Just don't have the coin.

Ya I like the idea of solid steel vs DOM tubing
Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Whats solid steel? DOM is stronger 9 times out of 10 compared to solid in suspension apps
Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Worthless
Whats solid steel? DOM is stronger 9 times out of 10 compared to solid in suspension apps
Really? Never heard that stat before.....how so?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

A few guys I run run the RK kit and have never bent an arm made out of their solid stock. I run the 5.5 Mid Arm on mine with bilstein 5150s and it rides & flexs great! Plus with RK's high clearance arms, it's dang near impossible to hit an arm anyways. I plan on going with their coilovers someday, but other mods are/were on the list first!

Last edited by Prope; 04-10-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The coil over is on my 2020 wish list, Along with a hemi

Red
Old 04-11-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Worthless
So my solid 1 5/8" RK HD Tie Rod would bent before a tie rod made of 1 5/8" DOM? I think not. Weight for weight I'll buy DOM being superior but that is a function of a larger OD. And DOM is superior to cheaper non Drawn-Over-Mandrel seemed tubing. Of course you could always take a step above DOM (which is not "magic" steel) and spend the big bucks on truly seemless tubing.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mall Krawler
No not yet. Class 1 does not allow coil over springs. I am running a custom short arm 3 link.Next year will be the long arm kit for class 2. then maybe some day coil overs for class 3.
I am thinking next year when I come back going right to the 3.5 Coilover.....We will see.....hopefully there are some price drops in the FOURTH year of the JK being out (HEAR ME AXLE COMPANIES?!?!?!?!)
Old 04-12-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by G.I.JOE¤MFA¤
ah nice, i look forward to seeing how you do

i hear you on the axle comment!!!! i cant wheel much if any right now. 5.5 comp and 39x14.50-17" pitbull maddogs will be pushing my D30 and D44 with 5.13 gears to the limits. i need axles. next deployment ill be going with D60s and an atlas. though not sure which one just yet. thats just 3 months away though. if i can get an extension till begining of the year ill see if i have enough for the hemi.

just a few more days and ill be driving my RK JK around. ill let you all know how it work out. planning a long cross country trip and will update it as we drive. also will do some flexing to show how it works out
LOL, I am doing my build after I get back from Afghanistan too At least they make it worthwhile for us to go these days....here in Canada it is 7 months of tax free pay PLUS our extra "danger" pay....hence the major build I will be doing..

Quick Reply: Anyone running the RockKrawler Coilover Kit?