Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anyone running the Hardrock 4x4 Narrow

Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the Hardrock 4x4 Narrow

Looking for reviews from anyone running this bumper. It would seem like it is a great deal for the price and features...stubby that will accept the OEM fogs. Base bumper under $275, add the Grill guard and still under $$395....Just not sure about the quality...

Post up pics, thoughts about Pro's & Con's. I've gotta pull the trigger on a Front bumper soon so I can mount the winch
Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Junkie

You mean the HIGHROCK(not hardrock) 4x4 Narrow stubby bumper from bestop? If thats what you mean, I have it and love it.... what else do you wanna know?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
You mean the HIGHROCK(not hardrock) 4x4 Narrow stubby bumper from bestop? If thats what you mean, I have it and love it.... what else do you wanna know?
Sorry...my bad...yes I mean the Highrock Narrow. Looks great. How's the finish holding up, did you experience any sag in the front with the added wieght (are 1/2" spacers needed to keep level). If you had it to do over again, would you go this route?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by action.is.go
Sorry...my bad...yes I mean the Highrock Narrow. Looks great. How's the finish holding up, did you experience any sag in the front with the added wieght (are 1/2" spacers needed to keep level). If you had it to do over again, would you go this route?
Finish is fine as its powder coated and bestop is a reputable company and believe they do all their painting/coating on-site and don't use a 3rd party.

Sag is going to happen with any aftermarket bumper considering there is no "plastic" on them like the stock one(minus the metal interior bumper). Stubby's will be less heavy of course as supposed to say, a fullwidth. Also, adding a grill guard adds weight, etc. So, yes - your jeep will sag slighty, if at all, in the front. Its your call if you want to get spacers, but just because you get a aftermarket bumper doesnt mean spacers are needed as well. If you add a winch like I did, its obviously going to sag more.

If I had to do what again? And go what route?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

I'm aware that with any aftermarket steel bumper you can expect to sag alittle in the front end. I'm just curious as to how much to expect (1/2"-1") so I can factor in running spacers or not. I definitely plan on running my 10,000Lb winch...and don't want my heep to look like a dog dragging it's ass 'cause I put spacers in and didn't need to.... as for doing it over again...down that route...I asking if given the opportunity to go a different direction would you or are you completely satisfied with your purchase. I believe in buying things once without regret, so I'm soliciting input from actual real life experiences with the product. At this price point it is an attractive option, however, you usually get what you pay for soooo.....

Thanks for replying
Old 03-09-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Gotcha. To answer your question if I'd go another route & do it again - no. I am thoroughly pleased with the bumper, from the option to be able to still use my factory fog lights, to the built in winch plate that accomodates multiple bolt patterns of a winch, to the D-ring mounts for tow points, even to the pre-drilled holes for your license plate and optional tube grill guard. The price is just the icing on the cake.

Some people say the finish is "too glossy". Its a matter of opinion on that, but I like it. it's not even like I say in the back of my head "ehhh, its a little glossy, but I can deal with it". No, I like the finish.... its not like its glistening....

Quick Reply: Anyone running the Hardrock 4x4 Narrow