Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anyone Painted Their...

Old 07-03-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Painted Their...

ive been trying to decide if i should upgrade to new rims, or if i will be satisfied with just painting my Stock X rims black or gun-metal. has anyone done this and taken pictures? ive seen it done with the moab rims but not with the stocker X. i want new rims eventually but the budget isnt really allowing that and new tires right now.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you will be happy with this solution.

Someone may have takeoffs for cheap. Wheels from a Rubi or Sahara????
Plus some lightly used tires could come off anything 4wd. People are always upgrading size , style and the like so a deal might be closer than you think. They don't have to be brand new to look great!

Another trick to save money is to use a fairly worn but decent tire of the same size of any type for the spare and cover it . No one will know it's not the same tire.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 07-03-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if i can find a set of 33" tires for under $600 then i can get the rims i want and tires. know of any good places to get tires? ive been looking here and discount tire but they arent cheap lol
Old 07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your local tire shops and mom and pop type places keep good sets of tires that people take off all the time. They sell them at a much lower price. They may not be exactly what you want but you would be suprised how decent some of the used tires look like for the price.

Due to inflation my $0.02 isn't worth anything!!

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 07-03-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Painted Their...