Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?

Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
None taken...

Be sure to clean each piece first, and if you want it to look nice, wet sand the texture down as far as you can, prime it twice, lightly sand that, then paint it, clear it, and snap the peices back in, each step you leave out will drop the quality of the finished peice, been there, done that, bought the tshirt.
I think they look great. Amazing work! I just had a couple questions. I drive a 07 unlimited X. I am going for the all silver and black look. Just got the fender situation taken care of (Silver Sahara Fenders) next I want to paint my bumpers as well as my interior silver.

First, After you primed it, did you wet sand it or sand it?

Second, Did you sand the doors as well as the interior to the point it was smooth, or is it all still textured. I couldn't tell from the pictures?

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Cool

None taken...

Be sure to clean each piece first, and if you want it to look nice, wet sand the texture down as far as you can, prime it twice, lightly sand that, then paint it, clear it, and snap the peices back in, each step you leave out will drop the quality of the finished peice, been there, done that, bought the tshirt.
I think they look great. Amazing work! I just had a couple questions. I drive a 07 unlimited X. I am going for the all silver and black look.(I know all the forum members will frown upon LOL but kinda like Ryan Shecklers, white jk) Just got the fender situation taken care of (Silver Sahara Fenders) next I want to paint my bumpers as well as my interior silver.

First, After you primed it, did you wet sand it or sand it?

Second, Did you sand the doors as well as the interior to the point it was smooth, or is it all still textured. I couldn't tell from the pictures?

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

And where did you find that silver auto shifter. Looks good!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubi up 07
And where did you find that silver auto shifter. Looks good!
I'm pretty sure that is the previous generation of the billet shifter knobs made by RealWheels. Here is a link to their new generation
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13040_3242.htm
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

So anyone know how to remove the edges of the center column (not the center console, but the part above it) where the radio is located which are painted blue on COP's Jeep?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bluejk09
So anyone know how to remove the edges of the center column (not the center console, but the part above it) where the radio is located which are painted blue on COP's Jeep?
X 2 on that. same question.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not as nice looking as the rest of you, but i just couldn't stand the Grey accents anymore so i sprayed it with rustoleum
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	120163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1527.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	120164   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	120165  
Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes, First remove the top of the dash (where my daystar panel is) Then removed the two AC heat rings by turning them, then remove the Front Dash, then remove the stereo. The first three pics below is with the grey accents, the last pic is after being removed

Let me you know if you have any questions and ill try to explain it better
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	120166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1523.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	120167   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	120170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	120171  

Last edited by Croce; 01-22-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Croce
Yes, First remove the top of the dash (where my daystar panel is) Then removed the two AC heat rings by turning them, then remove the Front Dash, then remove the stereo. The first three pics below is with the grey accents, the last pic is after being removed

Let me you know if you have any questions and ill try to explain it better
Thanks. I found some radio installation instructions and it shows how to remove the center dash, AC rings, top of the dash.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/125490.pdf
After that though, how did you remove the sides of the dash? Just pull? Or are there bolts?

Last edited by bluejk09; 01-22-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. I found some radio installation directions and it shows how to remove the center dash, AC rings, top of the dash.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/125490.pdf
After that though, how did you remove the sides of the dash? Just pull? Or are there bolts?
The grey side dash panels have 3-4 bolts each that need to be removed after removing the stereo. I think one of the pics I posted show one of the bolts

Quick Reply: Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?