Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?

Old 07-14-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to do that exact same thing today- got the center dash apart, but I can't see how to separate the window and HVAC systems, and I'm not about to even try hand painting. I had hoped for a semi easy removal so I could spray it all. So I'm currently letting paint dry on my ac vent rings; in gloss black. I really was envisioning a great look in gloss black though. :-(
Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My painted interior parts

Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
None taken...

Be sure to clean each piece first, and if you want it to look nice, wet sand the texture down as far as you can, prime it twice, lightly sand that, then paint it, clear it, and snap the peices back in, each step you leave out will drop the quality of the finished peice, been there, done that, bought the tshirt.
wow aum that's some color matched shiat right there. i think i just threw up a little in my mouth
Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

The first Yellow one looks the best, i also like that rescue green on, the others just seem to flashy and not very Jeep Like
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
wow aum that's some color matched shiat right there. i think i just threw up a little in my mouth
Originally Posted by bmburton13
The first Yellow one looks the best, i also like that rescue green on, the others just seem to flashy and not very Jeep Like
I'm assuming you guys aren't familiar with Camp's work.

www.cop4x4.com

Here's Orange Crush, the one with the orange interior.

Last edited by SmokeShowin; 08-18-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tomharley

That is clean! Not overdone, very nice. What paint did you use? It almost looks as if theres a little bit of flake in there...???
Old 08-19-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tomharley

]
That looks soooo good!! Whas it hard to remove the console?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Iīm not a painter. It did a professional. He used the same color like is outside on the Jeep. Only with a special primer for plastic. The paint is very smooth and gloss. Painted parts looks like metal,not plastic. I donīt understand,what you mean with the "flake" ?

Removing the console isnīt difficult .Disconnecting e-brake cables is a little bit complicated because the brake lever should be vertical.

Btw.Thanks for praise
Old 08-27-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

My addition...
Kept it simple, but I like how it turned out. I might do the black inserts on the lower center console too. I got a rattle can of matching basecoat from automotivetouchup.com. They have a "plastic Parts Adhesion Promoter" they suggest. It was $7.95 so I tried it. I guess it helped under the primer.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zakk101abn
That is clean! Not overdone, very nice. What paint did you use? It almost looks as if theres a little bit of flake in there...???
Agreed! Very nicely done!

Quick Reply: Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?