Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a Jeep, not a Civic...

Mine matches anyways...
Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I painted my A/C vent rings bright glossy red to match the exterior color. I think it looks awesome.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

it did... thx
Old 01-30-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fuaadow
Excuse me i just have a question, why is it that in all three jeeps u dont change the color of the steering wheel and just leave it stock??? im not saying that the jeeps arent good looking its just that i think the steering wheel is breaking the color theme of the jeep.
There are a couple things that can be done without removing the entire steering wheel.
1) For $50 you can buy a custom leather steering wheel cover. They come in about 15 colors.

2) For the spokes, purchase the 08 spoke covers and sand, prep and paint as camp mentioned.

Those will take care of most of the wheel leaving only the center. I suppose you could paint it to match too, but I don't know how the airbag pops out, so you'd really want to take care not to foul that up with paint.

Actually, it looks like for OC camp did in fact paint the center section of the wheel, so it's doable.

A white leather wrap and using the blue on the spokes might look really cool on the COP GT350. But one of the fun things about some of Camp's builds are you can see the progression as he goes along figuring new things out to do. ge2 was the first person I ever saw do any type of hydrographics inside the JK and Camp took that to a whole different level going so far as to do an entire top. That's just nuts! And details like that, etc truly make them cool and one of a kind.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 PM
JK Super Freak

hey camp, do still sell these gauge pods or know where i can get some? what gauges do you have in there?

i been thinkin about puttin thses on soon just need more info.

they look bas a$$
Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think this looks pretty damn sharp
Old 01-31-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
None taken...

Be sure to clean each piece first, and if you want it to look nice, wet sand the texture down as far as you can, prime it twice, lightly sand that, then paint it, clear it, and snap the peices back in, each step you leave out will drop the quality of the finished peice, been there, done that, bought the tshirt.
LOOKING BADASS CAMP..keep up the great work..I wish I could afford one of your Heeps
Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Nice work Moose looks very cool
Old 02-22-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Moose512
Here is what I did.....color matched all of the grey plastic. The plastic center console around the shifter and cup holder is easy to scratch so I sprayed it black and then clearcoated it for extra protection. Also painted the vents, tweeters, mic bracket and door handle surrounds.

Super. That is what I wanted to do for a long time... just still looking for somebody that can do it for me...
Old 03-21-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Moose512
Here is what I did.....color matched all of the grey plastic. The plastic center console around the shifter and cup holder is easy to scratch so I sprayed it black and then clearcoated it for extra protection. Also painted the vents, tweeters, mic bracket and door handle surrounds.

I love this look but I'm scared it will scratch up too easy. I think it'd look awesome, if you'd add painting the silver around the gauges leaving some accent in silver or black in the rings around the gauge.

Quick Reply: Anyone painted interior parts to match exterior of jeep?