Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Any pics of 295/70/17s on a 4 door?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics of the 295/70/17s guys Anymore out there??
Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default heres mine

specs in the sig. no rub at all and plenty of flex for what it is. would like this set up with an ome lift. we will see what unlce sam decides to break me off

Old 02-17-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

try this again..these are the 305/70/17's discussed in earlier threads--IMHO-they bridge the gap well, between 33 & 35"--all of the benefits of both, without the drawbacks of either!!--no rubbing, and never give the feeling of being, just a little too small

Old 02-17-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Guys Jeeps look Great. I am still trying to decide on sticking with the 33, or 34's or going with a great deal I have ono some 10K used 35's and the wheels I want and just running 3.73 gears...
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PIPES2008
try this again..these are the 305/70/17's discussed in earlier threads--IMHO-they bridge the gap well, between 33 & 35"--all of the benefits of both, without the drawbacks of either!!--no rubbing, and never give the feeling of being, just a little too small

your rig looks pretty perfect with that lift/tire combo... nice job.

honestly, hows the 4.10/auto combo with the 34's?

Overdrive off or on? contemplating the same combo.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
your rig looks pretty perfect with that lift/tire combo... nice job.

honestly, hows the 4.10/auto combo with the 34's?

Overdrive off or on? contemplating the same combo.

shucks!-thanks!--It took some getting used to-I love the set-up-plenty of lift and clearance, body, chassis, wheel wells, etc... and yet to get hung up on any trails I've done--the best part is, no excessive wear on driveline components due to just the mods!-the 4 doors catch alot of breaks bcuz of the longer wheel base. we get just a little more out of the lifts.--The 4:10 is plenty for now, the only problem is the bigger tires fool the tranny into awkward shift points sometimes. typically on steep hills, strong headwinds. the computer needs to be tweaked, ala Hypertech.-after resetting the shiftpoints, and tweak a little for fuel-it should pretty damn close to stock again.--just collecting funds for the Hypertech-Are you stock now, or just changing up a little?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PIPES2008
--The 4:10 is plenty for now, the only problem is the bigger tires fool the tranny into awkward shift points sometimes. typically on steep hills, strong headwinds. the computer needs to be tweaked, ala Hypertech.-after resetting the shiftpoints, and tweak a little for fuel-it should pretty damn close to stock again.--just collecting funds for the Hypertech-Are you stock now, or just changing up a little?
Got the jeep end of December & just finished recovery (phase 1) since I knew exactly what I wanted (ARB/Powerplant, CB & RH skid). As soon as it warms up here in Jersey I'll be putting on an OME lift. The tires are the final piece of the puzzle. Ideally don't want to regear at this point - so I've been checking out mostly 33s. Had forgotten about GY MTR 34s so it seems like a great option as long as the auto isn't dogged too much & OD is still functional.

Are the awkward shift points with OD on or off?

Hows the spare fitment & clearence? Any modification needed? (It looks like you had your BFGs still on there but did you try and mount your MTRs before putting your spacer on?) Thanks for info.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
Got the jeep end of December & just finished recovery (phase 1) since I knew exactly what I wanted (ARB/Powerplant, CB & RH skid). As soon as it warms up here in Jersey I'll be putting on an OME lift. The tires are the final piece of the puzzle. Ideally don't want to regear at this point - so I've been checking out mostly 33s. Had forgotten about GY MTR 34s so it seems like a great option as long as the auto isn't dogged too much & OD is still functional.

Are the awkward shift points with OD on or off?

Hows the spare fitment & clearence? Any modification needed? (It looks like you had your BFGs still on there but did you try and mount your MTRs before putting your spacer on?) Thanks for info.
I'm curious about the auto w/ 34" aind 4.11's as well. Can you still use the OD for a daily driver? I am buying the Wrangler MT/R's as 305/70/17 (34's) and have a Rubicon.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default BUMP...Anyone else running 295/70R17?

BUMP...anyone else have 295/70R17s on an Unlimited 4DR? While I wait for my wheels to come in, I'm debating between the BFG KM2 (285) and Cooper STT in 295 and I would love to see some more STTs in that size!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some pics my friend Steve wanted me to post for him. He has Toyo 295s on Hulk 17" Wheels.

Quick Reply: Any pics of 295/70/17s on a 4 door?